- Volume 16 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Fault Diagnosis of a High-speed Railway Reduction Unit Using Analysis of Vibration Characteristics
고속철도차량 감속구동장치의 이상진단을 위한 진동특성분석
- Ji, Hae Young (Department of Railway System Engineering, University of Science & Technology) ;
- Lee, Kang Ho (Department of Railway System Engineering, University of Science & Technology) ;
- Kim, Jae Chul (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Dong Hyoung (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Moon, Kyoung Ho (Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- Received : 2012.11.05
- Accepted : 2013.01.02
- Published : 2013.02.28
The reduction unit is one of the most important components for railway vehicles because the torque of the motor must be transmitted to the wheels of the vehicle by the reduction unit. The faults in the reduction units of high-speed trains are caused by damage such as gear, fatigue. These have serious impacts on safety of the train during operation. To address this development of a system for monitoring, fault diagnosis of the reduction unit is needed to keep the vehicle running safely. Before that can be accomplished, it is most important to understand the vibration characteristics of the reduction unit in a normal state. Vibration diagnosis technology using characteristic-analysis of vibration waveform and frequency is known to be the most effective method for fault diagnosis. In this paper, we analyzed the vibration characteristics of the reduction units two Korean high-speed trains (KTX and KTX II), under normal conditions, by two test methods (driving gear test, full-vehicle test).
Grant : 고속열차용 감속기 모니터링시스템 개발
Supported by : 한국건설교통기술평가원
- K.H. Park, J.H. Kim, S.K. Kim, J.M. Lee (1995) Automatic diagnosis of defects in roller element bearings, Journal of Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, 5(3), pp. 353-360.
- K.H. Park, S.J. Jung, H. Wee, K.S. Lee et al. (2009) A study on the fault detection of auto-transmission using the vibration characteristics of roller bearings, Journal of Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, 19(3), pp. 268-273. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2009.19.3.268
- Toyota Toshioh (1991) Diagnosis method of rotating machinery, Japan Plant Maintenance Society, pp. 48-49.
- B.S. Yang (2006) Condition monitoring & Diagnostics, Inter Vision, pp. 128-130, pp. 356-364.
- Wikipedia. Crest factor, Article; 2012. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crest_factor [retrieved at 21 October 2012]
- Wikipedia. Kurtosis, Pearson moments, Article; 2012. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurtosis [retrieved at 21 October 2012]
- K.H. Moon, D.H. Lee, J.C. Kim, H.Y. Ji, et al. (2012) A comparison of vibration characteristics of the reduction gearbox for the KTX and electric motor coach, Korean Society for Precision Engineering Annual Spring Conference, pp. 1273-1274.
- D.W. Jung, Y.Y. Lee, E.S. Kim (2009) A study of maintenance measures of the KTX decelerator, The Korean Society for Railway Annual Spring Conference, pp. 1191-1197.
- Analysis on the Vibration Characteristics of Reduction Gear Units for High-speed Trains vol.30, pp.7, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2013.30.7.694