- Volume 16 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
An Experimental Study on Shield TBM Tunnel Face Stability in Soft Ground
연약지반에서의 쉴드 TBM 굴착시 막장면 안정성 평가를 위한 실험적 연구
- Kim, Yong-Man (General manager, POSCO E&C) ;
- Lee, Sang-Duk (Department of Civil Engineering, Ajou University) ;
- Choo, Seok-Yeon (General manager, POSCO E&C) ;
- Koh, Sung-Yil (DANWOO E&C)
- Received : 2012.10.04
- Accepted : 2013.01.31
- Published : 2013.02.28
In this study, we carried out an experimental shield TBM excavation model test using a down-scale device in soft clay, to understand tunnel-face stability properties in relation to changes in slurry pressure. We performed five tests according to tunnel depth (0.5D, 0.75D, 1.0D, 1.25D, 1.5D), and compared theoretical tunnel-face pressure with model test results. The range in theoretical tunnel-face slurry pressure (
- Anagnostou, G., Kovari, K. (1994) The face stability of slurryshield-driven tunnels, Tunnelling and Underground Technology, 9(2), pp.165-174. https://doi.org/10.1016/0886-7798(94)90028-0
- Anagnostou, G. and Kovari, K. (1996) Face stability conditions with earth-pressure-balanced shields, Tunnelling and Underground Technology, 11(2), pp.165-173. https://doi.org/10.1016/0886-7798(96)00017-X
- Horn, N. (1961) Horizontal earth pressure on the vertical surfaces of the tunnel tubes, National Conference of the Hungarian Civil Engineering Industry, Budapest, pp.7-16.
- I.M. Lee, S. Lee, K.H. Cho. (2004) Face stability assessment of slurry-shield tunnels, Journal of Korea Geotechnical Society, 20(6), pp. 95-107.
- Müller-Kirchenbauer, H. (1972) Stability of Slurry Trenches, Proc. 5th Eur. Conf. Soil Mech. Found. Eng., Madrid, 1, pp. 543-553.
- S.Y. Koh, J.S. Kim, K.J. Kim, G.Y. Lee, S.Y. Choo. (2006) A study of the tunnel face stability change considering the slurry properties in slurry shield, Korea Tunneling Society Autumn Symposium.
- Xanthakos (1979) Slurry Walls, McGraw-Hill.
- Numerical simulation for surface settlement considering face vibration of TBM tunnelling in mixed-face condition vol.17, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2015.17.3.333