- Volume 16 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Access and Egress Patterns of Travel to a Regional Railway Station Based on Transit Smart Card Data (Case study: Seoul Station during Chuseok Holiday)
명절기간 중 서울역 철도 이용객의 접근통행 특성 연구
- Eom, Jin Ki (Transport Systems Research Team, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Jun (Transport Systems Research Team, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Kwang-Seop (Transport Systems Research Team, Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- Received : 2012.09.26
- Accepted : 2013.01.14
- Published : 2013.02.28
This study analyzed passenger access and egress travel patterns related to a Korean regional railway station (Seoul station), then developed a binomial logit model. This model referred to bus and metro mode of access and egress during a national holiday (Chuseok 2009); obtained from transit smart card data. The results showed that 99% of passengers getting access to, or egress from, the regional railway station did so using less than two transfers, and that most passengers were more likely to choose a metro. However, the passengers that made access or egress trips near Seoul Station were more likely to take a bus. From the results of the mode choice model, it was found that the impact of travel time was greater than that of travel cost, in the choices made for both access and egress. Interestingly, the impact of travel time is much greater in choosing the mode of egress.
- S.W. Lee (2005) Logit and probit model applications, Parkyoung press.
- J.K. Eom, M.S. Park, T.Y. Heo (2009) Estimating probability of mode choice at regional level by considering spatial association of departure place, Journal of The Korean Society for Railway, 12(5), pp.656-662.
- J.K. Eom, D.S. Moon, M.S. Park, T.Y. Heo (2009) Estimating departure-based mode choice by spatial logistic models, Proceeding of The Korean Society for Railway - Spring Conference in 2007.
- J.K. Eom, D.S. Moon, M.S. Park, T.Y. Heo (2009) Comparison of rail mode share by district between before and after KTX opening in Seoul, Proceeding of The KoreanSociety for Railway - Fall Conference in 2009.
- S.R. Sung, T.J. Ha, S.H. Lee (2002) A model for mode choice behavior and mode transfer by SP data, Proceeding of The KoreanSociety for Railway, in Seoul and Gwangju.
- S.R. Sung, M. Namgung, B.H. Jung (2002) Mode choice model by combined estimation method of RP and SP, Proceeding of The KoreanSociety of Civil Engineers.
- Y.H. Lee, B.H. Park,M.S. Kim, M.S. Do (2003) Development of the mode choice model on subway gyeongbu expressway (Osan-Seoul Section), Proceeding of The KoreanSociety of Civil Engineers.
- The Spatial Correlation of Mode Choice Behavior based on Smart Card Transit Data in Seoul vol.26, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5351/KJAS.2013.26.4.623
- Analysis of Relative Preference on Transit Mode by Administrative district for Accessibility of Seoul Station vol.51, pp.7, 2016, https://doi.org/10.17208/jkpa.2016.12.51.7.135