- Volume 27 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Development of Real-Time Harmonic Analysis Algorithm in Distribution Transformer
배전용 변압기의 실시간 고조파 분석 알고리즘 개발
- Park, Chul-Woo (Kyungpook National University Medical device and robot institute of park)
- 박철우 (경북대학교 융합의료기기로봇연구소)
- Received : 2012.11.24
- Accepted : 2013.02.14
- Published : 2013.03.31
Recently harmonics flowing into power system is increasing as the usage of semiconductor equipments and switching mode power equipments are increasing. Harmonics cause problems such as heat increasing and reduction in capacity of transformers, especially the harmonics flowing into a distribution transformer can lead to the lifetime reduction of transformer. In this paper, we are about to develop a device that can monitor harmonics in real-time as it is affixed to a distribution transformer. Unlike the existing expensive harmonic analysis device, a new harmonic analysis algorithm is proposed in order to implement low-cost equipment. The real-time harmonic analysis algorithm proposed in this paper allows implementation on low performance microcontrollers, thus it can monitor the harmonic in real-time as it is individually affixed to the transformer. Therefore, it would improve the reliability of the transformer and stable power system operation would be possible as it can prevent the transformer accidents in advance.
- Minkwan Kang, Jaeho Park, Daeseok Rho, Yongtaek Oh, Sangeun Hong, "A Study on the Harmonic Evaluation Algorithm for Dispersed Sources in Distribution Systems," KIEE conference, pp.543-544, 2006.
- Jong-Gyeum Kim, Eun-Woong Lee, "Analysis and Measurement of Current Harmonics Due to Non-linear Load in Low Voltage System," Trans. KIEE. Vol. 50B, No. 12, DEC, 2001.
- Ho-Rim Lee, Hyoun-Su Kim, Sang-Min Yeo, Chul-Hwan Kim, "Analysis of Harmonic Effects due to Non-Linear Load in Distribution Systems," KIEE conference, pp. 2226-2227, 2009.
- Moon-Ho Kang, Eun-Bo Sim, Kyung-Hun Kim, Hyung-Ho Lee, "Measurement of Harmonic Level in Distribution System," KIEE conference, pp.370-372, 2008.
- Kyung-Chul Kim, Sang-Young Park, Il-Moo Lee, Seung-Hyun Paik "A Study on the Transformer Capability containing Harmonic Load Currents," KIIEE conference, pp.287-292, 2004.
- Bok-Hee Lee, Young-Hwan Baek, "Actual Conditions of Voltage and Current Harmonics on Low-voltage Power Systems Supplying Various Facilities," KIIEE, Vol.19, No.4, June 2005.
- Jae-se Park, "Harmonic analysis of differential current by internal fault on transformer," KIEE conference, pp. 136-140, 2006.
- Chan-Eom Park, Woon-Ki Han, Jin-Soo Jung, "An Assessment on Harmonics Effect in Customer and the Distributed Power System during Grid Connection of Residential Fuel Cell System," Trans. KIEE. Vol. 60, No. 6, JUN 2011.
- System Design for Real-Time Measuring of Power Quality and Harmonics Distortion using Digital Signal Processor vol.20, pp.7, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2016.20.7.1283