- Volume 2 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Face Recognition using Modified Local Directional Pattern Image
Modified Local Directional Pattern 영상을 이용한 얼굴인식
- Received : 2012.10.05
- Accepted : 2012.12.17
- Published : 2013.03.31
Generally, binary pattern transforms have been used in the field of the face recognition and facial expression, since they are robust to illumination. Thus, this paper proposes an illumination-robust face recognition system combining an MLDP, which improves the texture component of the LDP, and a 2D-PCA algorithm. Unlike that binary pattern transforms such as LBP and LDP were used to extract histogram features, the proposed method directly uses the MLDP image for feature extraction by 2D-PCA. The performance evaluation of proposed method was carried out using various algorithms such as PCA, 2D-PCA and Gabor wavelets-based LBP on Yale B and CMU-PIE databases which were constructed under varying lighting condition. From the experimental results, we confirmed that the proposed method showed the best recognition accuracy.
Supported by : 대구경북과학기술원, 한국콘텐츠진흥원
- N.B. Kachare and V.S. Inamdar, "Survey of face recognition techniques," Int. Conf. Computer Applications, Vol.1, No.1, pp.29-33, 2010.
- H. Di, S. Caifeng, M. Ardabilian, W. Yunhong, C. Liming, Local Binary Patterns and Its Application to Facial Image Analysis: A Survey, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part C, Vol.41, No.6, pp.765-781, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMCC.2011.2118750
- T. Jabid, M.H. Kabir, and O. Chae, "Robust Facial Expression Recognition based on Local Directional Pattern," ETRI J., Vol.32, No.5, pp.784-794, 2010. https://doi.org/10.4218/etrij.10.1510.0132
- Y. Jian, Z. David, F. Alejandro, and J. Y. Yang, "Twodimensional PCA: A new approach to appearance-based face representation and recognition," IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell., Vol.26, No.1, pp.131-137, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2004.1261097
- A. Georghiades, P. Belhumeur, and D. Kriegman, "From few to many: Illumination Cone Models for Face Recognition under Variable Lighting and Pose," IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell., Vol.23, No.6, pp.643-660, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/34.927464
- A New Confidence Measure for Eye Detection Using Pixel Selection vol.4, pp.7, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3745/KTSDE.2015.4.7.291