- Volume 37 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Two Robot Vision Control Algorithms Developed Based on N-R and EKF Methods for Slender Bar Placement
얇은막대 배치작업에 대한 N-R 과 EKF 방법을 이용하여 개발한 로봇 비젼 제어알고리즘의 평가
- Son, Jae Kyung (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Chosun Univ.) ;
- Jang, Wan Shik (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Chosun Univ.) ;
- Hong, Sung Mun (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Chosun Univ.)
- Received : 2012.07.11
- Accepted : 2013.01.02
- Published : 2013.04.01
Many problems need to be solved before vision systems can actually be applied in industry, such as the precision of the kinematics model of the robot control algorithm based on visual information, active compensation of the camera's focal length and orientation during the movement of the robot, and understanding the mapping of the physical 3-D space into 2-D camera coordinates. An algorithm is proposed to enable robot to move actively even if the relative positions between the camera and the robot is unknown. To solve the correction problem, this study proposes vision system model with six camera parameters. To develop the robot vision control algorithm, the N-R and EKF methods are applied to the vision system model. Finally, the position accuracy and processing time of the two algorithms developed based based on the EKF and the N-R methods are compared experimentally by making the robot perform slender bar placement task.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- John, J. C., 1989, Introduction to Robotics Mechanics and Control, 2nd ed., U.S.A: Addison-Wesley, pp. 84.
- Junkins , J. L., 1978, An Introduction to Optimal Estimation of Dynamical Systems, Sijthoff and Noordhoff, Alphen Aan Den Rijn, pp. 29-33.
- David, F., Robert, P. and Roger, P., 1978 Statistic, Canada: W.W.Norton, pp.58-59.
- Newman, M. E. J. and Barkema, G. T., 1999, "Monte Carlo Methods in Statistical Physics," New York, Oxford, PP. 210-259.
- Papp, T., 1996, "Integrated Robot Control System with a Cision Module Using Two Cameras," Proceeding of 5th International Workshop on Robotics in Alpe-Adria-Danube Region, pp.137-139.
- Tsai, R.Y., 1989, "Synopsis of Recent Progress on Camera Calibration for 3D Machine Vision," The Robotics Review, Cambridge: MIT Press., pp.146-159.
- Huang, C. H., Hsu, C. S., Tsai, P. C., Wang, R. J. and Wang, W. J., 2011, "Vision Based 3-D Position Control for a robot arm" ICSMC, pp. 1699-1703.
- Skaar, S. B., Brockman, W. H. and Jang, W. S., 1990, "Three-Dimensional Camera Space Manipulation," International Journal of Robotics Research, Vol. 9, Issue 4, Aug.
- Yoon, S. J., Han, W. S., Min, S. K. and Roh, K. S., 2007, "Global Localization of Mobile Robots Using Omni-Directional Images," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 31, No. 4, pp. 517-524. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2007.31.4.517
- Yang, C., Huang, Q., Ogbobe,. P. O. and Han, J., 2009, "Forward Kinematics Analysis of Parallel Robots Using Global Newton-Raphson Method", Proceedings of 2009 Second ICICTA, pp.407-410.
- Durmus, B, Temurtas, H., Yumusak, N., Temurtas, F. and Kazan, R., 2008, "The Cost Function Minimization for Predictive Control by Newton-Raphson Method," Proceeding of the International MultiConference of Engineers and Computer Scientist, pp. 19-21.
- Kalman, R. E, 1960, "A New Approach to Linear Filtering and Prediction Problems," J. basic Rng. Trans. ASEM. Vol.82D, pp. 35-45.
- Kalman, R. E, 1963, "New Method in Wiener Filtering Theory," Proceedings of the First Symposium on Engineering Applications of Random Function Theory and Probability, J. L. Bogdanoff & F. Kosin. Eds., New York, Wiley.
- Shademan, A. and Janabi-Sharifi, F., 2005, "Sensitivity Analysis of EKF and Iterated EKF Pose Estimation for Position-Based Visual Servoing," IEEE Conference on Control Applications Toronto, Canada, August 28-31, pp. 755-760.
- Kerr, H. T., 1991, "Streamlining Measurement Iteration for EKF Target Tracking," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 27, No. 2 , pp. 408-421. https://doi.org/10.1109/7.78314
- Firouzi, H. and Najjaran, H., "Real-Time Monocular Vision-Based Object Tracking with Object Distance and Motion Estimation," IEEE/ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics, pp. 987-992.
- Son, J. K., 2010, An Experimental Study on the Practicality of Vision Control Scheme Used for Robot's Point Placement Task in Discontinuous Trajectory, A Thesis for Master's Degree, Chosun University, Republic of Korea.
- Son, J. K., Jang, W. S. and Hong, S. M., 2012, "Development of Robot Vision Control Scheme Based on Newton-Raphson Algorithm for the Fixed Slender Bar Target," KSME Spring Conference, pp. 95-96.
- Son, J. K., Jang, W. S. and Hong, S. M., 2012, "Development of Robot Vision Control Scheme Based on Extended Kalman Filtering Algorithm for the Fixed Slender Bar Target," KSME Spring Conference, pp. 89-90.
- Jang, W. S., Kim, K. S., Kim, K. Y. and Ahn, H. C., 2004, "An Experimental Study on the Optimal number of Cameras used for Vision Control System," KSMTE, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 94-103.
- Min, K. U. and Jang, W. S., 2010, "An Experimental Study on the Optimal Arrangement of Cameras used for the Robot's Vision Control Scheme," KSMTE, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 15-25.
- A Study on the Development of a Robot Vision Control Scheme Based on the Newton-Raphson Method for the Uncertainty of Circumstance vol.40, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2016.40.3.305
- Development of Robot Vision Control Schemes based on Batch Method for Tracking of Moving Rigid Body Target vol.17, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.14775/ksmpe.2018.17.5.161