- Volume 37 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Reliability and Sensitivity Analysis for Laminated Composite Plate Using Response Surface Method
반응면 기법을 이용한 복합재 평판의 신뢰도 및 민감도해석
- Lee, Seokje (Department of Aerospace Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Jang, Moon-Ho (Mechanical Engineering R&D Lab, LIG Nex1) ;
- Kim, Jae-Ki (Mechanical Engineering R&D Lab, LIG Nex1) ;
- Moon, Jung-Won (Mechanical Engineering R&D Lab, LIG Nex1) ;
- Kim, In-Gul (Department of Aerospace Engineering, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2012.07.16
- Accepted : 2012.12.06
- Published : 2013.04.01
Advanced fiber-reinforced laminated composites are widely used in various fields of engineering to reduce weight. The material property of each ply is well known; specifically, it is known that ply is less reliable than metallic materials and very sensitive to the loading direction. Therefore, it is important to consider this uncertainty in the design of laminated composites. In this study, reliability analysis is conducted using COMSOL and MATLAB interactions for a laminated composite plate for the case in which the tip deflection is the design requirement and the material property is a random variable. Furthermore, the efficiency and accuracy of the approximation method is identified, and a probabilistic sensitivity analysis is conducted. As a result, we can prove the applicability of the advanced design method for the stabilizer of an underwater vehicle.
Reliability Analysis;Most Probable Failure Point;Laminated Composite Plate;Response Surface Method;Probabilistic Sensitivity Analysis
- Baker, A., Dutton, S. and Kelly D., 2004, Composite Materials for Aircraft Structures, 2nd ed., AIAA Education Series.
- Long, M. W. and Narciso, J. D., 1992, Probabilistic Design Methodology for Composite Aircraft Structures, DOT/FAA/AR-99/2.
- Lee, S. J., Kim, I. G. and Jang, M. H., 2007, "Reliability Analysis for Composite Plate with the Various Design Requirements," Journal of the Korean Society for Composite Materials, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 25-30.
- Yang, Y. S., 1999, Structural Reliability Analysis, Publishing Devision of Seoul National University, pp. 67-75.
- Haldar, A. and Mahadevan, S., 2000, Reliability Assessment using Stochastic Finite Element Analysis, John Wiley & Sons Inc.
- Myers, R. H. and Montgomery, D. C., 2002, Response Surface Methodology, John Wiley & Sons Inc.
- Liu, H. and Chen, W., 2004, "Probabilistic Sensitivity Analysis Methods for Design under Uncertainty," AIAA 2004-4589, pp. 5-6.
- COMSOL, 2011, COMSOL Multiphysics Release Notes, COMSOL Inc.
- Swanson, S. R., 1997, Introduction to Design and Analysis with Advanced Composite Materials, Prentice-Hall International Inc.
- Voyiadjis, G. Z. and Kattan, P. I., 2005, Mechanics of Composite Materials with MATLAB, Springer, pp. 169-170.
- Jeong, H. K. and Shenoi, R. A., 2000, "Probabilistic Strength Analysis of Rectangular FRP Plates Using Monte Carlo Simulation," Computers and Structures 76, pp. 219-235. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-7949(99)00171-6
- The Development of Fixing Equipment of the Unit Module Using the Probability Distribution of Transporting Load vol.16, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.6.4267