- Volume 37 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Element and Crack Geometry Sensitivities of Finite Element Analysis Results of Linear Elastic Stress Intensity Factor for Surface Cracked Straight Pipes
표면균열이 있는 직관에 대한 선형탄성 응력확대계수 유한요소해석 결과의 요소 및 균열형상 민감도
- Ryu, Dongil (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Univ.) ;
- Bae, Kyung-Dong (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Univ.) ;
- Je, Jin-Ho (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Univ.) ;
- An, Joong-Hyok (Hyundai Heavy Industries) ;
- Kim, Yun-Jae (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Univ.) ;
- Song, Tae-Kwang (Korea Institute of Nuclear Safety) ;
- Kim, Yong-Beum (Korea Institute of Nuclear Safety)
- 류동일 (고려대학교 기계공학부) ;
- 배경동 (고려대학교 기계공학부) ;
- 제진호 (고려대학교 기계공학부) ;
- 안중혁 (현대중공업) ;
- 김윤재 (고려대학교 기계공학부) ;
- 송태광 (한국원자력안전기술원) ;
- 김용범 (한국원자력안전기술원)
- Received : 2012.09.25
- Accepted : 2012.12.18
- Published : 2013.04.01
This study provides the elastic stress intensity factors, K, for circumferential and longitudinal surface cracked straight pipes under single or combined loads of internal pressure, bending, and torsion based on three-dimensional (3D) finite element (FE) analyses. FE results are compared with two different types of defect assessment codes (API-579-1 and RCC-MR A16) to prove the accuracy of the FE results and the differences between the codes. Through the 3D FE analysis, it is found that the stress intensity factors are sensitive to the number of elements, which they were believed to not be sensitive to because of path independence. Differences were also found between the FE analysis results for crack defining methods and the results obtained by two different types of defect assessment codes.
Straight Pipe;Stress Intensity Factor;Surface Crack;Finite Element Analysis
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Ainsworth, R. A., 1984, "The Assessment of Defect in Structures of Strain Hardening Material," Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Vol.19, Issue.4, pp.633-642. https://doi.org/10.1016/0013-7944(84)90096-1
- API 579-1/ASME FFS-1, 2007, Fitness-for-Service for Pressure Vessels, Piping and Storage Tanks, American Petroleum Institute/American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Washington DC, USA.
- Marie, S., Chapuliot, S., Kayser, Y., Lacire, M.H., Drubay, B., Barthelet, B., Le Delliou, P., Rougier, V., Naudin, C., Gilles, P. and Triay, M., 2007, "French RSE-M and RCC-MR Code Appendices for Flaw Analysis: Presentation of the Fracture Parameters Calculation-Part III: Cracked Pipes," International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping, Vol.84, Issue.10-11, pp.614-658. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpvp.2007.05.005
- Anderson, T. L., 2005, "Fracture Mechanics," Third Edition, Taylor & Francis Group, Florida, pp.103-119.
- Kim, Y. J. and Oh, C. S., 2006, "Limit Loads for Pipe Bends Under Combined Pressure and in-Plane Bending Based on Finite Element Limit Analysis," International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping, Vol.84, Issue.3, pp. 177-184.
- ABAQUS, 2009, ABAQUS Version 6.9 User's Manual, Dassault Systems Inc.