- Volume 37 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Study of Hot Spinning Process for Head of CNG Storage Vessel
CNG 저장용기의 두부 성형을 위한 열간스피닝 공정에 관한 연구
- Lee, Hyun Woo (Creative Engineering System, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Jung, Sung Yuen (Research Institute of Mechanical Technology, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Chul (Research Institute of Mechanical Technology, Pusan Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2012.11.12
- Accepted : 2013.01.10
- Published : 2013.04.01
The fuel storage vessel installed in CNG vehicles can be largely divided into 3 parts: head, cylinder, and dome. Studies of the cylinder and dome parts have already been performed, but sufficient design data is not available about the head part. Therefore, expert field engineers heavily depend upon trial-and-error methods. Therefore, FE analysis is performed to review the hot spinning process for forming the head part of the CNG vessel using the Arbitrary Lagrangian-Eulerian (ALE) method. The effects of forming factors on the load were analyzed. The values of the factors were chosen to avoid defects in the head part and buckling, and the forming feasibility of the head part was investigated. Furthermore, a bursting test was performed to evaluate the safety of the storage vessel.
Hot Spinning;Fuel Storage Vessel;Head Part;Roller;Life;FE Analysis
Supported by : 지식경제부
- Brochure of Fielding Co. Ltd, 1998, U.K.
- Choi, J. C., Kim C., Choi Y., Yoon J. H. and Jung S. Y., 1999, "A Study on the Development of Computer-Aided Process Design System for the Deep Drawing & Ironing of High Pressure Gas Cylinder," Proc. Of 1999 KSME Fall Annual Meeting, pp. 957-961.
- Yoon, J. H., Jung, S. Y., Choi, Y., Kim, C. and Choi, J. C., 2002, "A Study on the Development of Computer-Aided Process Planning System for the Deep Drawing & Ironing of High Pressure Gas Cylinder," Trans. of the KSPE, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 177-186.
- Kim, E. S., Kim J. H., Park, Y. S., Kim, C. and Choi, J. C., 2003, "Development of an Automated Design System of CNG Composite Vessel Using Steel Liner Manufactured by D.D.I Process," Trans. of the KSPE, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 205-213.
- Choi, Y., Yoon, J. H., Park, Y. S. and Choi, J. C., 2004, "A Study on the Die Design for Manufacturing of High Pressure Gas Cylinder," Trans. of the KSPE, Vol. 21, No. 7, pp. 153-162.
- Kim, H. Y., Bae, W. B., Jang, Y. J., Kim, C., 2008, "Optimal Design of the Fuel Storage Vessel of CNG Automobile by Considering Structural Efficiency," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 32, No. 6, pp. 465-473. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2008.32.6.465
- Kim, H. Y., 2008, "An Optimal Shape Design and Its Fatigue Life Prediction of the Composite Pressure Vessels Equipped with the CNG Automobiles," Dept. of Precision Mechanical Engineering, The Doctor's Course, Pusan National University a Doctoral dissertation.
- Kang, Y. S. and Yang, D. Y., 1997, "Three-Dimensional Finite Element Analysis of Hot Square Die Extrusion by Using Split ALE Method," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 21, No. 11, pp. 1912-1920.
- Transvalor, 2011, "Forge Online Help Version 3.3 EN - Processes Tutorial," http://www.transvalor.com
- A study on integrated design for manufacturing processes of a compressed natural gas composite vessel vol.15, pp.7, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-014-0471-1
- Optimal Design for CNG Composite Pressure Vessel Using Basalt Fiber vol.32, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2015.32.3.269
- Evaluation of the Structural Safety of a Vessel with Different Material(Cr-13)-Supplemented Screw Thread vol.39, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2015.39.4.375
- Forming of Dome and Inlet Parts of a High Pressure CNG Vessel by the Hot Spinning Process vol.40, pp.10, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2016.40.10.887