- Volume 37 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Moving Support Elements for Dynamic Finite Element Analysis of Statically Determinate Beams Subjected to Support Motions
지점운동을 받는 정정보의 동해석을 위한 동지점 유한요소 개발
- Kim, Yong-Woo (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Sunchon Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Jhung, Myung Jo (Korea Institute of Nuclear Safety)
- Received : 2012.11.16
- Accepted : 2013.01.21
- Published : 2013.04.01
A finite element formulation for a Rayleigh-damped Bernoulli-Euler beam subjected to support motions, which accompanies quasi-static rigid-body motion, is presented by using the quasi-static decomposition method. Moving support beam elements, one of whose nodes is coincident with the moving support, are developed to represent the effect of a moving support. Statically determinate beams subjected to support motions can be modeled successfully by using moving support elements. Examples of cantilever and simply-supported beams subjected to support motions are illustrated, and the numerical results are compared with the analytical solutions. The comparison shows good agreement.
Support Motion;Quasi-Static Decomposition Method;Moving Support Elements;Support-Free Element;Rayleigh-Damped Euler-Bernoulli Beam;Statically Determinate Beam;Dynamic Finite Element Analysis
Supported by : 한국원자력안전기술원
- Mindlin, R. D. and Goodman, L. E., 1950, "Beam Vibrations with Time-Dependent Boundary Conditions," Journal of Applied Mechanics, ASME, pp. 377-380.
- Clough, R. W. and Penzien, J., 1993, Dynamics of Structures, Second Edition, McGraw-Hill, Singapore.
- Chopra, A. K., 1995, Dynamics of Structures: Theory and Application to Earthquake Engineering, Prentice Hall, USA.
- Abdel-Ghaffar, A. M. and Rood, J. D., 1982, "Simplified Earthquake Analysis of Suspension Bridge Towers," Journal of the Engineering Mechanics Division, ASCE, Vol.108, EM2, pp. 291-302.
- Yau, J. D., 2009, "Dynamic response analysis of Suspended Beams Subjected to Moving Vehicles and Multiple Support Excitations," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 325, pp. 907-922. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2009.04.013
- Wang, A.-P., Fung, R.-F. and Huang, S.-C., 2001, "Dynamic Analysis of Tall Building with a Tuned-Mass-Damper Device Subjected to Earthquake Excitations," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 244, No. 1, pp. 123-136. https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.2000.3480
- Meirovitch, L., 1975, Elements of Vibration Analysis, McGraw-Hill, New York, pp. 190-231.
- Chen, J. T., Hong, H.-K., Yeh , C. S. and Chyuan, S. W., 1996, "Integral Representations and Regularizations for a Divergent Series Solution of a Beam Subjected to Support Motions," Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, Vol. 25, pp. 909-925. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1096-9845(199609)25:9<909::AID-EQE591>3.0.CO;2-M
- Logan, D. L., 1992, A First Course in the Finite Element Method, 2nd Edition, PWS-Kent, USA.
- Bathe, K-J., 1996, Finite Element Procedures, Prentice Hall, USA, pp.768-837.
- Leger, P., Ide, I. M. and Paultre, P., 1990, "Multiple-Support Seismic Analysis of Large Structures," Computers & Structures, Vol. 36, No. 6, pp. 1153-1158. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7949(90)90224-P
- Kim, Y.-W. and Jhung, M. J., 2011, "Mathematical Analysis Using Two Modeling Techniques for Dynamic Responses of a Structure Subjected to a Ground Acceleration Time History," Nuclear Engineering and Technology, Vol. 43, No. 4, pp. 361-374. https://doi.org/10.5516/NET.2011.43.4.361
- FE Dynamic Analysis Using Moving Support Element on Multi-Span Beams Subjected to Support Motions vol.05, pp.04, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4236/mme.2015.54011