- Volume 37 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Drug Bottle Delivery Robot Capable of Smartphone-Based Control and Image Process and Combining Wheel and Quadruped
스마트폰 제어 및 영상처리를 수행하는 바퀴와 4족을 결합한 약병 전송 로봇
- Lee, Sang Young (Dept. of Mechanical System Design Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ. of Science and Technology) ;
- Kim, Hyun Su (Dept. of Mechanical System Design Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ. of Science and Technology) ;
- Kim, Young Long (Dept. of Mechanical System Design Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ. of Science and Technology) ;
- Hong, Seok Ho (Dept. of Mechanical System Design Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ. of Science and Technology) ;
- Kim, Dong Hwan (Dept. of Mechanical System Design Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ. of Science and Technology)
- 이상영 (서울과학기술대학교 기계시스템디자인공학과) ;
- 김현수 (서울과학기술대학교 기계시스템디자인공학과) ;
- 김영롱 (서울과학기술대학교 기계시스템디자인공학과) ;
- 홍석호 (서울과학기술대학교 기계시스템디자인공학과) ;
- 김동환 (서울과학기술대학교 기계시스템디자인공학과)
- Received : 2012.07.10
- Accepted : 2013.01.07
- Published : 2013.04.01
Robot control and image processing using a smartphone and Wi-Fi communication is introduced. The robot has a wheel and quadruped mechanism that is transformed according to the environment and is mainly used for drug bottle delivery. The captured image on the camera is transmitted to the smartphone in the form of stream data, and the image data is processed in the smartphone to enable the robot to identify an object and to control the robot itself. A network was constructed so that only image data from the stream data was used, and an image processing scheme to identify the drug bottle and deliver it to a person using a robot arm is also presented. In this study, image processing techniques and algorithms were purely implemented on a smartphone with considerable computational power and multiple functions rather than a computer, which contributes to the intelligence and miniaturization of the robot system.
Smart Phone Image Processing;Quadruped and Wheel Combined Robot;MAC-OS Based Programming
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교
- Lim, N., Kang, H., Park, Y., Ahn, D., Oh, J. and Song, J. H., 2009, "Cognitive Function, Mood, Problematic Behavior and Response to Interaction with Robot Pet by Elders with Dementia," Korean Acad Fundam Nurs, Vol.16, No.2, pp 223-231.
- Kwak, B. and Lee, J., 2010, " Smartphone Application Interface for Intelligent Human-Robot Interactions," Korea Computer Congress, Vol.37, No1(C), pp 399-402.
- Burnette, E., 2009, "Android basis Tutorial," B. Zhang, C. Gao, and Y. Yang, Translation. Beijing: Posts & Telecom Press, pp. 11-189.
- E2ECIoud Studio, 2009, "Simple Terms Google Android," Beijing: Posts & Telecom Press, pp. 39-256,
- Hu, P., Symons, N., Indulska, J. and Portmann, M., 2012, "Wireless Multi-hop Video Streaming using Android phones," 8th IEEE PerCom Workshop on Pervasive Wireless Networking, pp.782-787.
- Texas Instruments, 2009, TMS320x281x Serial Communications Interface (SCI) Reference Guide, TI.
- Texas Instruments, 2011, TMS320F2810, TMS320F2811, TMS320F2812, TMS320C2810, TMS320C2811, TMS320C2812 Digital Signal Processors Data Manual, TI.
- Texas Instruments , 2005, TMS320x281x System Control and Interrupts Reference Guide, TI.
- Texas Instruments, 2005, TMS320F28x DSP Analogto-Digital Converter(ADC) Reference Guide, TI.
- Choi, D. and Oh, H., 1993, "Efficient Memory Management Technique in an Object-oriented Programming System," Korea Computer Congress, Vol.20, No.2, pp. 461-464.
- Mark, D. and Lamarche, J., 2008, "Beginning Iphone Development: Exploring the Iphone SDK(Exploring the iPhone SDK)," APRESS, NewYork, pp. 57-96.
- Lee, P., 2000.2, "Development of an Image Processing Algorithm for the Recognition of Car Types and Number Plate," The University of SEOUL, Master's Thesis, pp. 7-11.
- Bradski, Gary and Kaehler, 2008, "Learning OpenCV: Computer Vision with the OpenCV Library," Oreilly & Associates, California, pp. 31-87.
- RANDY CRANE, 1996, "A simplified approach to image processing," Prentice Hall, Texas, pp.18-134
- Jooihl Chon and Sungyoung Lee, 2000, "A Bidirectional Push/Pull Transmission Method Between Client and Server in Multimedia Environments," Korea Multimedia Society, 2000, Apr, pp. 36-39.
- IOS Developer Reference developer.apple.com/ iphone)