- Volume 37 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effect of Damper Between Maglev Vehicles on Curve Negotiation
자기부상열차 차간 댐퍼의 곡선주행에의 효과 분석
- Kim, Ki-Jung (Dept. of Mechatronics Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Han, Hyung-Suk (KIMM) ;
- Kim, Chang-Hyun (KIMM) ;
- Yang, Seok-Jo (Dept. of Mechatronics Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2012.07.20
- Accepted : 2013.01.03
- Published : 2013.04.01
In a magnetic train set composed of more than two cars, the installation of dampers between cars is carefully considered for improving both the ride quality and the safety, particularly during curve negotiation. In this study, a dynamic simulation of the ride quality and curve negotiation of a Maglev vehicle was carried out. The dynamic model is developed based on multibody dynamics. The presented full vehicle multibody dynamic model integrates the electromagnet model and its control algorithm. By using this model, the effects of the dampers are numerically analyzed. The proposed damper is installed on the vehicle and tested to analyze its effects. In this study, the simulation and measured results of the vehicle behavior and ride quality are discussed.
Urban Maglev Vehicle;Multibody Dynamics;Vehicle-to-Vehicle Damper;Curve Negotiation;Ride Quality
- Yim, B. H. and Han, H. S., 2009, "Curve Negotiation Analysis of a Maglev Vehicle Utilizing Electromagnetic Suspension System," Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol. 47, No. 10, pp. 1287-1304. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423110802632071
- Matumoto, Fujii, Sato, Mizuma and Fuzima, "Vehicle Dynamics and Riding Quality of a Maglev-Type Urban Transportation System CHSST-100," Proceedings of the International Conference on Speedup Technology for Railway and Maglev Vehicles, Vol.1, Nov 22-26.1993
- Sinha, P. K., 1987, Electromagnetic Suspension Dynamics & Control, Peter Peregrinus Ltd, London, United Kingdom.
- Han, H.S., 2003, "A Study on the Dynamic Modeling of a Magnetic Levitation Vehicle," JSME International, Vol. 46, No. 4, pp. 1497-1501. https://doi.org/10.1299/jsmec.46.1497
- Shabana, A.A., 2007, Railroad Vehicle Dynamics: A Computational Approach, Taylor & Francis Group, USA.
- Han, H.S., Yim, B.H., Lee, N.J., Kim, Y.J., and Kim, B.H., 2009, "Prediction of Ride Quality of a Maglev Vehicle Using a Full Vehicle Multi-Body Dynamic Model," Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol. 47, No. 10, pp. 1-16. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423110701877512
- Kim, K. J., 2011, "Analysis on Effect of Curving Negotiation and Ride Quality of Maglev Vehicle Utilizing Suspension Elements," M.S. Thesis, Chungnam National University.
- LMS Virtual.lab Motion Users Manual, LMS International.
- Hur, H. M., Park, J. H and You, W. H., 2011, "Analysis on the Behavior of the Lateral Damper of the Roll-Stock Running Railway," KSPE, pp.1007-1008.
- Zhao, C.F., Zhai, W.M. and Wang, K.Y., 2002 "Dynamic Responses of the Low-Speed Maglev Vehicle on the Curved Guideway," Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol. 38, No. 3, pp.185-210. https://doi.org/10.1076/vesd.220.127.116.1189
- Analysis of Dynamic Interaction Between Maglev Vehicle and Guideway vol.37, pp.12, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.12.1559
- Study on Running Safety of EMS-Type Maglev Vehicle Traveling over a Switching System vol.38, pp.11, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.11.1309
- Effect of Lateral Deformations of Guideway on Guidance Characteristics of Maglev Train vol.39, pp.11, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2015.39.11.1161