- Volume 50 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
COMPATIBILITY IN CERTAIN QUASIGROUP HOMOGENEOUS SPACE
- Im, Bokhee (Department of Mathematics Chonnam National University) ;
- Ryu, Ji-Young (Department of Mathematics Chonnam National University)
- Received : 2012.01.06
- Published : 2013.03.31
Considering a special double-cover Q of the symmetric group of degree 3, we show that a proper non-regular approximate symmetry occurs from its quasigroup homogeneous space. The weak compatibility of any two elements of Q is completely characterized in any such quasigroup homogeneous space of degree 4.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)
- P. J. Cameron and C. Y. Ku, Intersecting families of permutations, European J. Combin. 24 (2003), no. 7, 881-890. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0195-6698(03)00078-7
- K. Heinrich and W. D. Wallis, The maximum number of intercalates in a latin square, Combinatorial mathematics, VIII (Geelong, 1980), pp. 221-233, Lecture Notes in Math., 884, Springer, Berlin-New York, 1981.
- B. Im, J.-Y. Ryu, and J. D. H. Smith, Sharply transitive sets in quasigroup actions, J. Algebraic Combin. 33 (2011), no. 1, 81-93. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10801-010-0234-8
- B. D. McKay and I. M. Wanless, Most Latin squares have many subsquares, J. Combin. Theory Ser. A 86 (1999), no. 2, 322-347.
- J. D. H. Smith, Symmetry and entropy: a hierarchical perspective, Symmetry 16 (2005), 37-45.
- J. D. H. Smith, An Introduction to Quasigroups and Their Representations, Chapman and Hall/CRC, Boca Raton, FL, 2007.