- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Influence of the Silver Line Dance Applied to the elderly on the Balance during Walking
라인댄스 운동이 여성노인들의 보행 균형성 요인에 미치는 영향
- 최윤선 (서울기독대학교 무용학과)
- Received : 2013.01.10
- Accepted : 2013.03.06
- Published : 2013.03.28
The purpose of this study was to determine the effects of line dance programme on the balance ability during walking to reveal the exercise intervention for fall prevention. A 12-week line dance programme was applied to 18 elderly females who aged more than 65 years in the community. Balance ability during walking was evaluated by the range of center of pressure(cop), the velocity of cop, and free torque that calculated on the basis of ground reaction force data. The range and velocity of cop in the anterio-posterior were significantly reduced after performing(p<.01, p<.05, respectively), but change in those of cop in the medio-lateral and free torque were not found. It was demonstrates that 12-week line dance programme allows more effective in anterio-posterior stability of walking. It was suggested that the effect of fall prevention exercise should be studied more associate with fall frequency as future study.
Line Dance;Balance;Elderly;Fall;Center of Pressure;Walking
Supported by : 서울기독대학교
- 함경림, 이완희, "슬링운동이 여성 노인의 낙상 위험도, 족관절배측굴곡력 및 균형에 미치는 효과", 근관절건강학회지, 제16권, 제2호, pp.165-173, 2009.
- M. J, Kim, Associated Factors Caused by Fall of Older People in Community dewelling. Unpublished Master's thesis. Ewha Woman's University, Seoul, 2004.
- H. C. Huang, M. I. Gau, W. C. Lin, and G. Kernohan, "Assessing Risk of Falling in Older Adults," Public Health Nursing, Vol.20, No.5, pp.399-411, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1525-1446.2003.20508.x
- J. Rose and J. G. Gable, Human Walking. Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore, 2006.
- American geriatrics S, British Geriatrics "American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Panel on Falls P Guideline for the Prevention of Falls in Older Person," J. Am. Geriat. Soc, Vol.49, pp.664-672, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1532-5415.2001.49115.x
- M. E. Tinetti and M. Speechley, "Prevention of the Falls among the Elderly," The New England Journal of Medicine, Vol.320, No.16, pp.1055-1059, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM198904203201606
- B. E. Fleming and D. R. Pendergast, "Physical Condition, Activity Pattern, and Environment as Factors in Falls by Adults Care Facility Residents," Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Vol.74, pp.627-630, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-9993(93)90161-3
- J. G. Evans, "Fallers, Non-fallers and Poison," Age and Aging, Vol.19, pp.268-269, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1093/ageing/19.4.268
- K. A. Song, J. S. Mun, S. S. Kang, and J. H Choi, "The Survey of Activities and Fear of Falling in the Community Dwelling Elderly," J Korean Soc Public Health Nurs, Vol.15, No.2, pp.324-333, 2001.
- J. M. Hausdorff, S. L. Mitchell, A. L. Goldberger, and J. Y. Wei, "Increased Gait Unsteadiness in Community-dwelling Elderly Fallers," Arch. Phys. Med. Rehabil., Vol.78, pp.278-283, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-9993(97)90034-4
- K. O'Brien, E. Culbam, and B. Pickles, "Balance and Skeletal Alignment in a Group of Elderly Female Fallers and Nonfallers," J. Geronto., Vol.52, pp.221-226, 1997.
- S. Lehtola, L. Hannine, and M. Paatalo, "The Incidence of Falls during a Six-month Exercise Trial and Four-month Follow up among Home Dwelling Persons Aged 70-75 Years," Liikunta Tied, Vol.6, pp.41-47, 2000.
- D. C. Lee, B. H. Oh, H. R. Lee, J. Y. Sim, D. H. Kim, and K. J. Too, "Depression in Relation to Fall, Urinary Incontinence and Slip Disturbance in Elderly," J Korean Acad Fam Med., Vol.17, No.5, pp.285-292, 1996.
- M. E. Tinetti, W. L. Liu, and E. B. Claus, "Predictors and Prognosis of Inability to Get up after Falls among Elderly Persons," J.A.M.A., Vol.269, No.1, pp.65-70, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.1993.03500010075035
- M. Wollacott and A. Sumway-cook, "Aging and Posture Control: Change in Sensory Organs and Muscular Coordination," Int J Aging Hum, Vol.23, pp.97-114, 1990.
- 배상열, 고대식, 노지수, 이병호, 박형수, 박정, "한국노인의 신체 활동과 건강관련 삶의 질의 관계", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제12권, 제6호, pp.280-292, 2012.
- J. O. Judge, K. B King, and R. Wipple, "Dynamic Balance in Older Persons: Effects of Reduced Vidual and Proprioceptive Input," J Gerontol., Vol.50, M263-M270, 1995.
- 전미양, 정현철, 최명애, "낙상 사고에 의한 골절로 입원한 노인 환자에 대한 조사 연구", 대한간호학회지, 제31권, 제3호, pp.443-453, 2001.
- L. Rubenstein, K. Josephson, and P. Trueblood, "Effects of a Group Exercise Program on Strength, Mobility, and Falls among Fall-prone Elderly Men," J of Gerontol: Medical Science, Vol.55, No.6, M317-M321, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1093/gerona/55.6.M317
- N. D. Carter, K. M Khan, M. A. Petit, A. Heinonen, C. Waterman, M. G. Donaldson, P. A. Janssen, A. Mallinson, L. Riddell, K. Kruse, J. C. Prior, and H. A. McKay, "Results of a 10 week Community Based Strength and Balance Training Programme to Reduce Fall Risk Factors: A Rrandomized Controlled Trial in 65-75 Year Old Women with Osteoporosis," Br J Sports Med. Vol.35, pp.1-3, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsm.35.1.1
- D. P. Schoenfelder and L. M. Rubenstein, "An Exercise Program to Improve Fall-related Outcomes in Elderly Nursing Home Residents," Appl. Nurs. Res. Vol.17, No.1, pp.21-31, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apnr.2003.10.008
- F. Li, P. Harmer, K. Fisher, and E. Macauley, "Tai Chi: Improving Functional Balance and Predicting Subsequent Falls in Older Persons," Med Sci in Sports & Exercise, Vol.36, No.12, pp.2046-2052, 2004.
- M. Y. Jeon, Effect of the Fall Prevention Program on Gait, Balance and Muscle Strength in Elderly Woman at Nursing Home. Doctoral dissertation, Seoul National University, 2001.
- J. S. Park, E. Y. Choi, and T. Y. Hwang, "The Effects of Strengthening Leg Muscular Strenth on the Elderly's Walking and Balance Ability," J Korean Soc Phys Ther, Vol.14, No.2, pp.71-79, 2002.
- C. W. Won, B. S. Kim, and H. R. Choi, "The Effects of Tai Chi(9 basic forms) on the Equilibrium in the Aged: a Controlled Trial," J Korean Acad Fam Med, Vol.22, No.5, pp.664-673, 2001.
- E. N. Lee and Y. W. Yoo, "Effects of a 8 Week Tai Chi Exercise Program on the Risk Factors for Falls in the Elderly with Osteoarthritis," J. Rheumatol Health, Vol.11, No.1, pp.61-73, 2004.
- 장기연, 우희순, "여성 노인에게 적용한 낙상예방 작업치료가 균형 능력에 미치는 영향", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제10권, 제3호, pp.232-240, 2010.
- R. J. Park, S. S. Kim, Y. G. Kim, D. M. Park, and D. W. Han, "The Effects of Aqua-exercise on the Balance of one Leg Stance in the Elderly Women," J Korean Soc Phys Ther, Vol.14, No.1, pp.89-97, 2002.
- 마정순, 이은정, 실버 라인댄스 I, 한국인댄스협회, 2008.
- M. Piirtola and P. Era, "Force Platform Measurements as Predictors of Falls among Older People-A Review," Gerontology, Vol.52, No.1, pp.1-16, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1159/000089820
- N. Stergiou, G. Giakas. J. E. Byrne, and V. Pomeroy, "Frequency Domain Characteristics of Ground Reaction Forces during Walking of young and elderly females," Clinical Biomechanics, Vol.17, pp.615-617, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0268-0033(02)00072-4
- A. J. Campbell, M. J. Borrie, G. F. Spears, S. L. Jackson, J. S. Brown, and J .L, Fitzgerald, "Circumstances and Consequences of Falls Experienced by a Community Population 70 Years and over during a Prospective Study," Age and Ageing, Vol.19, pp.136-141, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1093/ageing/19.2.136
- D. Prudham and J. G. Evans, "Factors Associated with Falls in the Elderly: A Community Study," Age and Ageing, Vol.10, pp.141-146,1981. https://doi.org/10.1093/ageing/10.3.141
- H. Cohen, C. A. Blatchly, and L. I. Gomblash, "A Study of the Clinical Test of the Sensory Interaction and Balanc," Phys. Thera., Vol.73, pp.345-346, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/73.6.345
- E. T. Hsiao-Wecksler and S. N. Robinovitch, "The Effect of Step Length on Young and Elderly Women's Ability to Recover Balance," Clinical Biomechanics, Vol.22, pp.574-580, 2006.
- B. L. Johnson and J. K. Nelson, Practical Measurements for Evaluation in Physical Education, p.236, 1986.
- I. Melzer and L. I. Oddsson, "The Effect of a Cognitive Task on Voluntary Step Execution in Healthy Elderly and Young Individuals," J. Am. Gerriatr. Soc. Vol.52, No.8, pp.1255-1262, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.2004.52353.x
- C. Verkindt, G. Dalleau, P. Leroyer, and P. Allard, "Quiet Standing Balance in Preadolescent Grils and Woman," International Socity of Biomechanics XXIInd Congress Proceedings, 2009.
- M. G. Tucker, J. J. Kavanagh, S. Morrison, and R. S. Barrett, "Voluntary Sway and Rapid Orthogonal Transitions of Voluntary Sway in Young Adults, and Low and High Fall-risk Olde Adults," Clinical Biomechanics, Vol.24, pp.597-605, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2009.06.002
- Influence of the Silver Line Dance Effects on the Elderly Balance During Static Standing vol.14, pp.9, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.09.120