- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Message Attributes, Consequences, and Values in Retweet Behavior : Based on Laddering Method
메시지 특성, 행위의 결과, 추구 가치에 기반한 리트윗 행위 : 래더링 기법을 이용한 탐색적 연구
- 김효동 (아주대학교 미디어학과)
- Received : 2013.02.14
- Accepted : 2013.03.14
- Published : 2013.03.28
Assuming that roles of traditional mass media are also shown in Twitter services, the study aims at exploring Twitter users' motives and rationales in re-tweet behavior. Based on the laddering interview method, the study gathers data on (1) message attributes (what kinds of messages do you re-tweet?); (2) consequences (what kinds of consequences are you expecting when you re-tweet?); and (3) values (what are the ultimate values in your re-tweet behavior?). The most repetitive value occurring in participants' retweet was feeling "sympathy" and "sharing" rationales. For such rationales, participants oftentimes utilize messages with "agenda" and "information" that are relative to themselves. Messages with "helping" to help others also frequently showed up in their retweet rationales. Known as liberalists' rationales, "communal consciousness", and "calling for others' action" are also shown, but not as frequent as "feeling sympathy and sharing. A total of 48 items from the analyses were used in a subsequent study as variables to identify factors (dimensions) of retweet motivation.
Microblog;Twitter;Retweet;Value System;Laddering Interview
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- A. N. Ahmad, "Is Twitter a useful tool for journalists?," Journal of Media Practice, Vol.11, No.2, pp.145-155, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1386/jmpr.11.2.145_1
- J. G. Blumler, "The Role of Theory in Uses and Gratifications Studies," Communication Research, Vol.6, No.1, pp.9-36, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1177/009365027900600102
- S. Chan-Olmsted, H. Rim, and A. Zerba, "Mobile News Adoption among Young Adults: Examining the Roles of Perceptions, News Consumption, and Media Usage," Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly, 2013.
- R. W. Cobb and C. D. Elder, Participation in American plitics: The dynamic of agenda building, 서울: 동영사, 1972.
- F. D. Davis, "User acceptance of information technology: system characteristics, user perceptions and behavioral impacts," International Journal of Man-Machine Studies, Vol.38, No.3, pp.475-487, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1006/imms.1993.1022
- J. Gutman and T. Reynolds, "Laddering theory-analysis and interpretation," Journal of Advertising Research, Vol.28, No.1, p.11, 1988.
- A. Hermida, "Twittering the News: The Emergence of Ambient Journalism," Journalism Practice, Vol.4, No.3, pp.297-308, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1080/17512781003640703
- B. A. Huberman, D. M. Romero, and F. Wu, "Social Networks that Matter: Twitter Under the Microscope," Social Science Research Network, Vol.14, No.1, pp.1-9, 2008.
- E. Katz, J. G. Blumler, and M. Gurevitch, "Uses and Gratifications Research," The Public Opinion Quarterly, Vol.37, No.4, pp.509-523, 1973. https://doi.org/10.1086/268109
- E. M. Kim and J. h. Lee, "News Diffusion through Twitter-An Emerging Media Ecosystem," presented at the International Association for Media and Communication Research, Istanbul, 2011.
- A. L. Lederer, D. J. Maupin, M. P. Sena, and Y. Zhuang, "The technology acceptance model and the World Wide Web," Decision support systems, Vol.29, No.3, pp.269-282, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-9236(00)00076-2
- Y. Lee, K. A. Kozar, and K. R. T. Larsen, "The technology acceptance model: Past, present, and future," The Communications of the Association for Information Systems, Vol.12, No.1, p.53, 2003.
- Q. Ma and L. Liu, "The technology acceptance model: A meta-analysis of empirical findings," Journal of Organizational and End User Computing, Vol.16, No.1, pp.59-72, 2004.
- McClo and D. kcy, "Evaluating electronic commerce acceptance with the technology acceptance model," Information Technology and Organizations: Trends, Issues, Challenges and Solutions, Vol.1, p.413, 2003.
- T. J. Reynolds and J. Gutman, "Laddering theory, method, analysis, and interpretation," Journal of advertising research, Vol.28, No.1, pp.11-31, 1988.
- V. Venkatesh and F. D. Davis, "A theoretical extension of the technology acceptance model: Four longitudinal field studies," Management science, Vol.46, No.2, pp.186-204, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.22.214.171.12426
- V. Venkatesh, M. G. Morris, G. B. Davis, and F. D. Davis, "User acceptance of information technology: Toward a unified view," MIS quarterly, pp.425-478, 2003.
- H. N. N. Vu and V. Gehrau, "Agenda Diffusion: An Integrated Model of Agenda Setting and Interpersonal Communication," Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly, Vol.87, No.1, pp.100-116, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1177/107769901008700106
- B. Wansink, "Using laddering to understand and leverage a brand's equity," Qualitative Market Research: An International Journal, Vol.6, No.2, pp.111-118, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1108/13522750310470118
- B. Wansink, M. M. Cheney, and N. Chan, "Exploring comfort food preferences across age and gender," Physiology & Behavior, Vol.79, No.45, pp.739-747, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0031-9384(03)00203-8
- B. Wansink, K. van Ittersum, and J. E. Painter, "How descriptive food names bias sensory perceptions in restaurants," Food Quality and Preference, Vol.16, No.5, pp.393-400, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodqual.2004.06.005
- 김관규, "인터넷의 양방향.공개 커뮤니케이션장을 창출한 적극적 발신행위자의 속성에 관한 연구," 한국언론정보학보, 제31권, pp.51-84, 2005.
- 김성태, 오유원, 박선영, "온라인 의제 파급자의 가치체계 연구: 래더링(laddering) 기법을 중심으로," 한국방송학보, 제21권, 제3호, pp.127-162, 2007.
- 김수현, "IPTV 서비스의 기능적 속성이 채택의도에 미치는 영향", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제9권, 제2호, pp.261-269, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2009.9.2.261
- 김수현, "스마트폰에 대한 지각특성이 스마트폰 채택의도에 미치는 영향", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제10권, 제9호, pp.318-326, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.9.318
- 손앙, 문영주, and 이종호, "모바일 블로그 사용의도에 영향을 미치는 요인", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제12권, 제2호, pp.94-104, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.02.094
- 송필순, 백지선, 김성태, "온라인 정치공론장 의의 제생성자에 관한 연구", 한국방송학회 보고서, pp.339-365, 2008.
- 오경수, "N스크린 서비스 잠재적 수용자의 수용의도 영향요인 연구", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제 제9호, pp.80-92, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.09.080
- 홍석인, 최희재, 이준기, "블로그 사용의도에 영향을 미치는 사회 동기적 요인", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제10권, 제1호, pp.122-137, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.1.122
- Influence on the Tweet Credibility and Attitude Toward Tweet of Tweet Content, Function and Involvement vol.13, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.06.137
- Intermedia Agenda-setting Effects: Political Debates on TV and Twitter vol.14, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.01.139
- Customer-favourable idea versus company-adoptable idea: comparative analysis through elaboration likelihood model vol.20, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1080/14479338.2018.1443819