- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effects of Trust, Stigma, Optimistic Bias on Risk Perception of Nuclear Power Plants
원자력발전소에 대한 공중의 신뢰, 낙인과 낙관적 편향성이 위험인식에 미치는 효과
- Received : 2013.01.07
- Accepted : 2013.02.07
- Published : 2013.03.28
This study was to examine the effect of trust, stigma, optimistic bias on risk perception of nuclear power plants. For this study, we carried out a survey targeting residents, total of 383, living in Seoul. The findings showed that trust of general public on nuclear power plants influenced negatively on stigma. Second, trust of general public on nuclear power plants influenced not significantly on optimistic bias. Third, stigma of general public on nuclear power plants influenced positively on risk perception. Fourth, optimistic bias of general public on nuclear power plants influenced negatively on risk perception.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- B. M. Drottz-Sjoberg, "Perception of risk: Studies of risk attitudes, perceptions and definitions," Center for Risk Research, Gotab, Stockholm, 1991.
- 송해룡, 김원제, 위험커뮤니케이션과 위험수용, 서울: 커뮤니케이션북스.
- G. Cvetkovich, M. Siegrist, R. Murray, and S. Tragesser, "New information and social trust: Asymmetry and perseverance of attributions about hazard managers," Risk Analysis, Vol.22, No.2, pp.359-367, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1111/0272-4332.00030
- V. T. Covello and J. Mumpower, "Risk analysis and risk management: An historical perspective," Risk Analysis, Vol.5, pp.103-120, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1539-6924.1985.tb00159.x
- P. M. Wiedemann, 송해룡 역, 기업과 위험커뮤니케이션, 서울: 커뮤니케이션북스, 2009.
- R. J. Bord, and R. E. O'Connor, "Determinants of risk perceptions of a hazardous waste site," Risk Analysis, Vol.12, pp.411-416, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1539-6924.1992.tb00693.x
- M. Siegrist, "The influence of trust and perceptions of risk and benefits on the acceptance of gene technology," Risk Analysis, Vol.20, pp.195-203, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1111/0272-4332.202020
- 송해룡, 위험커뮤니케이션: 미디어와 공론장, 서울: 성균관대학교 출판부, 2012.
- P. Slovic, "Trust, emotion, sex, politics, and science: Surveying the risk-assessment battlefield," Risk Analysis, Vol.19, No.4, pp.689-701, 1999.
- D. H. McKnight, V. Choudhury, and C. Kacmar, "Developing and validating trust measures for E-Commerce: An integrative approach," Information Systems Research, Vol.13, No.3, pp.334-359, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.13.3.334.81
- 이현주, 이영애, "원자력 발전소와 방폐장 낙인의 심리적 모형: 신뢰와 감정, 지식을 중심으로", 한국심리학회지, Vol.30, No.3, pp.831-851, 2011.
- J. Flynn, W. Burns, C. K. Mertz, and P. Slovic, "Trust as a determinant of opposition to a high-level radioactive waste repository: Analysis of a structural model," Risk Analysis, Vol.12, pp.417-429, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1539-6924.1992.tb00694.x
- D. M. DeJoy, "The optimism bias and traffic accident risk perception," Accident Analysis & Prevention, Vol.21, No.4, pp.333-340, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-4575(89)90024-9
- C. T. F. Klein, and M. Helweg-Larsen, "Perceived control and the optimistic bias: A meta-analytic review," Psychology and Health, Vol.17, No.4, pp.437-446, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1080/0887044022000004920
- N. D. Weinstein, "Unrealistic optimism about future life events," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol.39, pp.806-820, 1980. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.116
- M. Kivimaki and R. Kalimo, "Risk perception among nuclear power plant personnel: A survey," Risk Analysis, Vol.13, No.4, pp.421-424, 2006.
- P. Slovic, "Perception of risk," Science, Vol.236, pp.280-285, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.3563507
- R. Gregory, P. Slovic, and J. Flynn, "Risk perceptions, stigma, and health policy," Health & Place, Vol.2, No.4, pp.213-220, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/1353-8292(96)00019-6
- R. E. Kasperson, O. Renn, P. Slovic, H. Brown, J. Enel, R. Goble, J. Kasperson, and S. Ratick, "The social amplification of risk: A conceptual framework," Risk Analysis, Vol.8, pp.177-187, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1539-6924.1988.tb01168.x
- E. Jones, A. Farina, A. Hastorf, H. Markus, D. T. Miller, and R. Scott, Social stigma: The psychology of marked relationships, New York: Freeman, 1984.
- B. G. Link and J. C. Phelan, "Conceptualizing stigma," Annual Review of Sociology, Vol.27, pp.363-385, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.soc.27.1.363
- S. P. Weart, "Images of nuclear energy: Why people feel the way they do," IAEA Journal, Vol.33, No.3, pp.30-36, 1991.
- J. F. Ahearne, "Intergenerational issues regarding nuclear power, nuclear waste, and nuclear weapons," Risk Analysis, Vol.20, No.6, pp.763-770, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1111/0272-4332.206070
- N. F. Pidgeon, I. Lorenzoni, and W. Poortinga, "Climate change or nuclear power-No thanks! A quantitative study of public perceptions and risk framing in Britain," Global Environmental Change, Vol.18, pp.69-85, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gloenvcha.2007.09.005
- P. Slovic, M. Layman, N. Kraus, J. Flynn, J. Chalmers, and G. Gesell, "Perceived risk, stigma, and potential economic impacts of a high-level nuclear waste repository in Nevada," Risk Analysis, Vol.11, No.4, pp.683-696, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1539-6924.1991.tb00658.x
- H. C. Cho, J. S. Lee, and S. Y. Chung, "Optimistic bias about online privacy risks: Testing the moderating effects of perceived controllability and prior experience," Computers in Human Behavior, Vol.26, pp.987-995, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2010.02.012
- L. Sjoberg and J. Fromm, "Information technology risks as seen by the public. Risk Analysis," Vol.21, No.3, pp.427-441, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1111/0272-4332.213123
- 최유연, 손정락, "긍정 심리치료가 사회 공포증 경향이 있는 대학생의 사회불안, 낙관성 및 주관적 안녕감에 미치는 영향", 한국심리학회지, 제17권, 제3호, pp.573-588, 2012.
- N. D. Weinstein, "Optimistic biases about personal risk," Science, 246, 1232, 1989.
- S. Pahl, P. R. Harris, H. A. Todd, and D. R. Rutter, "Comparative optimism for environmental risks," Journal of Environmental Psychology, Vol.25, pp.1-11, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvp.2004.12.004
- J. A. Shepperd, P. Carroll, J. Grace, and M. Terry, "Exploring the causes of comparative optimism," Psychological Belgica, Vol.42, pp.65-98, 2002.
- 이민영, 미디어 형식과 위험 통제성이 수용자의 과학기술 위험인식에 미치는 영향: 감정적 위험 판단, 낙관적 편향, 의미 연결망 측정을 중심으로, 중앙대학교 박사학위논문, 2011.
- H. Tennen and G. Affleck, "The costs and benefits of optimistic explanations and dispositional optimism," Journal of Personality, Vol.55, pp.377-393, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-6494.1987.tb00443.x
- C. Keller, V. Visschers, and M. Siegrist, "Affective imagery and acceptance of replacing nuclear power plants," Risk Analysis, Vol.32, No.3, pp.464-477.
- E. Peters, B. Burraston, and C. K. Mertz, "An emotional-based model of risk perception and stigma susceptibility: Cognitive appraisal of emotion, affective reactivity, world views, and risk perception in the generation of technological stigma," Risk Analysis, Vol.24, pp.1349-1367, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.0272-4332.2004.00531.x
- C. Trumbo, M. Lueck, H. Marlatt, and L. Peek, "The effect of proximity to hurricanes katrina and rita on subsequent hurricane outlook and optimistic bias," Risk Analysis, Vol.31, No.12, pp.1907-1918, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1539-6924.2011.01633.x
- Effects of the Questionnaire and Radioactivity Measurement of Fishery from the Fukushima Nuclear Disaster vol.10, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2016.10.1.53