- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effect of Patient-centered Communication of Doctor on Patient Participation : Focusing on Moderating Effect of Trust
의사의 환자중심 커뮤니케이션이 환자참여에 미치는 영향 : 신뢰의 조절효과를 중심으로
- Received : 2013.01.31
- Accepted : 2013.03.13
- Published : 2013.03.28
The main purpose of this study is to examine the effect of patient-centered communication of doctor(facilitating factor, inhibition factor) on patient participation(behavioral participation, emotional participation, informational participation). Concretely, it is confirmed where there are effects of patient-centered communication of doctor to patient participation and whether there are moderating effects of trust between patient-centered communication of doctor and patient participation. In domestic general hospital, 301 samples were for this analysis collected and tested by factor analysis and moderating regression analysis. As a result of this study is as followings. First, it is confirmed that communication facilitating factor have influences on patient participation positively and communication inhibition factor have no influences on patient participation. Second, there are moderating effects of trust between facilitating factor and emotional participation, between facilitating factor and informational participation. Especially, in higher level group of trust, it is confirmed that facilitating factor more influence on emotional participation and informational participation. On the basis of these study results, I suggested theoretical and practical implication for the patient-centered communication and successful medical service.
Patient-centered Communication;Patient Participation;Trust;Moderating Effect
- A. Coulter and J. Ellins, Patient-Focused Interventions: A Review of the Evidence, England The Health Foundation and Picker Institute Europe, pp.7-20, 2006.
- C. G. Blanchard, M. S. Labrecque, J. C. Ruckdeschel, and E. B. Blanchard, "Information and Decision Making Preference of Hospitalised Cancer Patients," Social Science Medicine, Vol.27, pp.1139-1145, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1016/0277-9536(88)90343-7
- R. M. Morgan and D. Hunt, "The Communication-Trust Theory of Relationship Marketing," Journal of Marketing, Vol.58, pp.20-38, 1994.
- F. Trachtenberg, E. Dugan, and M. A. Hall, "How Patients' Trust Relates to Their Involvement in Medical Care," Journal of Family Practice, Vol.54, pp.344-352, 2005.
- C. Kowalski, N. F. S Anika, S. Petra, A. Ute-Susann, and P. Holger, "Breast Cancer Patients' Trust in Physicians: The Impact of Patients' Perception of Physicians' Communication Behaviors and Hospital Organizational Climate," Patient Education and Counseling, Vol.77, pp.344-348, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pec.2009.09.003
- C. Laine and F. Davidoff, "Patient-centered Medicine, A Professional Evolution," Journal of American Medicine, Vol.275, pp.1707-1722, 1996.
- N. Mead. and P. Bower, "Measuring Patient-centeredness: a Comparison of three Observation-based Instruments," Patient Education and Counseling, Vol.39, pp.71-80,2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0738-3991(99)00092-0
- M. J. Bitner, T. William, A. R. Faranda, and A. Valariel, "Customer Contribution and Roles in Service Delivery," International of Service Industry Management, Vol.8, No.3, pp.193-205, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1108/09564239710185398
- 이학식, 사회과학 연구를 위한 회귀분석, 집현재, 2012.
- L. C. Zandbelt, E. M. Smets, F. J. Oort and H. C. De Haes, "Coding Patient-centered Behavior in the Medical Encounter," Social Science Medicine, Vol.61, pp.661-671, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2004.12.006
- A. R. Rodie and S. Kleine, Customer Participation in Service Production and Delivery," in Handbook of Services Marketing and Management, CA: Sage Publications, pp.11-125, 2000.
- 최절재, "서비스제공자의 특성이 신뢰와 충성도에 미치는 영향," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제12권,제9호, pp.293-310, 2012.
- 유영현, "해양경찰공무원의 조직내 신뢰와 조직 몰입과의 관계", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제9권, 제12호, pp.805-813, 2009.
- P. J. Shelton, "Communication: A mirror of practice quality," Podiatry Today, Vol.4, No.1, pp.19-20, 1992.
- D. L. Roter and J. A. Hall, Doctors Talking with Patients/Patients Talking with Doctors: Improving Communication in Medical Visits, Auburn House Paperback, Reprint Edition, 1993.
- J. Bensing, "Bridging the Gap: The Separate Worlds of Evidence-based Medicine and Patient-centered Medicine," Patient Education and Counseling, Vol.39, pp.17-25, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0738-3991(99)00087-7
- 서문식, 김유경, "서비스제공자의 커뮤니케이션 스타일이 관계지향성에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구 ", 마케팅관리연구, 제5권, 제2호, pp.123-146,2000.
- 서판수, "의사의 커뮤니케이션스타일이 환자만족 에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구", 병원경영학회지, 제7권, 제4호, pp.57-101, 2002.
- 전국보건의료산업노동조합, 환자알권리보장, 병원투명경영성에 대한 전국병원실태조사, 전국보건산업노동조합, 2000.
- Effect of Doctors' Patient-centered Communication on the Patient Satisfaction and Treatment Outcomes : Focusing on Mediating Effect of Patient Participation vol.13, pp.11, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.11.249
- The Association between Chronic Diseases and Active Patient Participation vol.17, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.15384/kjhp.2017.17.3.152
- How does patient-centered communication improve emotional health? An exploratory study in China pp.1742-0911, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1080/01292986.2017.1413402