- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Simulation of One-Dimensional Transcritical Flow with Discontinuous Galerkin Finite Element Method
불연속 갤러킨 유한요소법을 이용한 1차원 천이류 모의
- Received : 2012.11.12
- Accepted : 2013.02.19
- Published : 2013.03.28
With the increase of the frequency in large-scale floods and natural disasters, the demands for highly accurate numerical river models are also rapidly growing. Generally, flows in rivers are modeled with previously developed and well-established numerical models based on shallow water equations. However, the so-far-developed models reveal a lot of limitations in the analysis of discontinuous flow or flow which needs accurate modeling. In this study, the numerical shallow water model based on the discontinuous Galerkin method was applied to the simulation of one-dimensional transcritical flow, including dam break flows and a flow over a hump. The favorable agreement was observed between numerical solutions and analytical solutions.
Shallow Water Equation;Discontinuous Galerkin;Finite Element Method;Rranscritical Flow
Supported by : 국토해양부
- 김지성, 한건연, "Riemann 해법을 이용한 1차원 개수로 수리해석 - 자연하도 적용", 한국수자원학회 논문집, 제42권, 제4호, pp.271-279, 2009.
- 이남주, "KU-RLMS 모형의 잠김-드러남 기법 적용성 평가", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제11권, 제4호, pp.448-457, 2011.
- 이해균, "테일러-갤러킨 유한요소법에 의한 하도추적 모형의 적용 -홍수시 하천 유량 모의", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제11권, 제1호, pp.404-410, 2011.
- G. Chavent and G. Salzano, "A finite element method for the 1d water flooding problem with gravity," Journal of Computational Physics, Vol.45, pp.307-344, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9991(82)90107-3
- J. S. Hesthaven and T. Warburton, Nodal Discontinuous Galerkin Methods, Springer, 2007.
- E. J. Kubatko, J. J. Westerink, and C. Dawson, "An unstructured grid morphodynamic model with a discontinuous Galerkin method for bed evolution," Ocean Modelling, Vol.15, pp.71-89, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ocemod.2005.05.005
- E. A. Meselhe, F. Sotiropoulos, and F. M. Holly, "Numerical simulation of transcritical flow in open channels," Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, Vol.23, No.9, pp.774-782, 1997.
- W. H. Reed and T. R. Hill, "Triangular Mesh Methods for the Neutron Transport Equation," Scientific Laboratory Report, Los Alamos, LA-UR-73-479, 1973.
- A. Ritter, "Die fortpflanzung der wasserwellen," Zeitschrift des Vereines deutscher Ingenieure, Vol.36, No.33, pp.947-954, 1892
- D. Schwanenberg and J. Köngeter, "A discontinuous Galerkin method for the shallow water equations with source terms," in Discontinuous Galerkin Methods by Cockburn, Karniadakis and Shu (eds), 2000.
- B. Saint-Venant, "Theorie du mouvement non permanent des eaux, avec application aux crues de rivieras et a l'introduction des marces dans leur lit," Comptes Rendus de l'Academic des Sciences, Vol.73, Paris, pp.147-154, pp.237-240, 1871.
- C. Wu, G, Huang, and Y. Zheng, "Theoretical solution of dam-break shock wave," Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, Vol.125, No.11, pp.1210-1215, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9429(1999)125:11(1210)