- Volume 13 Issue 3
The purpose of this paper investigate the general definition of Tense and the concepts about Aspect. I consider the correlation between the lexical and the grammatical aspect. Tense is an inflection type of a verb that indicates the time, tense is grammatical categories. Tense has the current tense and the past tense in English. If we recognize aspect as a grammatical category, that the subject of in description will be confined to the grammatical expression. In contrast, when considered as a category of meaning, lexical and grammatical representation is the expression target. Therefore, aspect is stated as a grammatical category. Specially, the aspect of English, there is only a progressive tense and perfect tense. In this case, the progressive aspect is progressive tense and the perfect aspect is perfect tense. Chapter 2, I investigate the definition of the tense of many scholars and define the usage of each tense. In Chapter 3, I exhibit the definition of the Aspect. Aspect is grammatical and semantic one. Tense and Aspect is a simple grammar category, but they have a various spectrum. Therefore, As the definition of the Tense and Aspect becomes clear it will be helpful to students who are received English education. In addition, the definition about tense and aspect needs in variety of areas, more research is needed.
- L. J. Brinton, "The structure of Modern English," John Benjamins, 2000.
- G. Carden, "English Quantifiers," New York, Academic Press, 1976.
- R. Cooper, "Auantification and Syntactic Theory," Reidel, Rordhrect, 1983.
- B. Comrie, "Aspect," Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1976.
- B. Comrie "Aspect." Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1985.
- G. O. Curme, "Syntax: A Grammar of the English Language," Boston: Heath and Company, 1931.
- S. Greenbaum and R. Quirk, "A student's grammar of the English language," London: Longman, 1990.
- Hewson and Bubenik, "Tense and Aspect in Indo-European Languages," Theory, Diachrony, Typology. Amsterdam: Benjamins, 1997.
- O. Jespersen, "The Philosophy of Grammar," London: Allen & Unwin, 1924.
- O. Jespersen, "The Modern English Grammar," London: Allen & Unwin, 1909-49.
- O. Jespersen, "A Modern English Grammar," Pt 4. George Allen & Unwin Ltd, London, 1931.
- O. Jespersen, "Essentials of Grammar," George Allen and Unwin, London, 1933.
- J. Lyons, "Semantics I, II," London: Cambridge Univ. Press, 1977.
- R. Montague, "PTQ, in Approaches to Natural Language," Reidel, Dordrecht, 1973,
- Z. Vendler, "Facts and Events. In Linguistics and Philosophy," Cornell University Press, Ithaca. 1967.
- 김경훈, "한국대학생의 독해 지문을 활용한 영어시제 습득," 한국콘텐츠학회, 제8권, 2008.
- 박노민, '상의정의' 한국영문법학회, p.14, 1999
- 이기용, "Syntax ns Semantics of Prenominal Negation in the Frame work of Montague Frammar," Language, pp.1-2, 1976,
- 이기용, On Montague Grammar, 한신문화사, 서울, 1985.
이영헌, "한국어 제약 관형어의
$\lambda$-범주 문법적 의미표시," 애산학보 제11권, 서울, 1991.
- 이영헌, 기초형식 의미론, 한신문화사, 서울, 1995.
- 이영헌, 형식의미론, 한신문화사, 서울, 1996.
- 이영헌, "한국어 중격구조와 논항," 언어학, 제11권, 제1호, pp.89-110, 2003.
- 조성식, "Introduction Linguistic," 1990.
- 허성태, "러시아어의 시제와 상," 세계 주요언어 비교포럼 발표논문, 한국학술진흥재단 지원과제, 2005.