- Volume 17 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Vibration Reduction Effects of Stay Cable Due to Friction Damper
마찰댐퍼에 의한 사장 케이블의 진동저감 효과
- Received : 2013.01.11
- Accepted : 2013.03.05
- Published : 2013.03.30
Stay cable has a strong axial rigidity due to large initial tension and, on the other hand, it has a weak laterally flexural rigidity. Wind loads or traffic loads cause the cables to vibrate significantly and affect the mechanical properties and the performance of cables of cable-stayed bridge (CSB). Therefore, the development of vibration reduction design is an urgent task to control the vibration vulnerable long-span bridges. As Friction damper (FD) shows to reduce the amplitude and duration time of vibration of cable of CSB from measured date in field test, friction damper can be considered that it is effective device significantly to reduce the amplitude and duration time in vibration of cable of CSB under traffic load, wind load and so on. Vibration characteristics of cable can change according to manufacturing method and type of established form. Nevertheless, analysis method in this study can present the design of friction damper for vibration reduction of cable of cable-stayed bridge from now on.
- Annan, R., Shim, B., Yang, J. H., Kim, C. H., Kim, H. S. & Ahn, S. S., "Friction Dampers for stay cables Dynamic Stability on Incheon Bridge", KEC, International Commemorative Symposium for the Incheon Bridge, 2009, pp.318-326. (in Korean)
- Bournand, Y. & Crigler, J., "The VSL Friction Damper or Cable Stayed Bridges : Some Results from Maintenance and Testing on Long Cables", Sixth International Symposium on Cable Dynamics, 2005, pp.199-204.
- Cremona, C., Courbe, "universelle pour le dimension nnement d'amortisseurs en pied de haubans", Revue Francaise de Genie Civil, vol. 1, No. 1, 1997, pp.137-159. https://doi.org/10.1080/12795119.1997.9692107
- Heo, K. H, et al., "Real-time Vibration Control of Bridges by MR damper and Lyapunov Control Algorithm", Journal of KSMI, vol. 14, No. 4, 2010, pp.55-61. (in Korean)
- Korea Expressway Corporation, Vibration Examination of Cable of Cable-stayed Bridge and Design for Vibration Control, KEC Highway & Transportation Technology Institute, 2007. (in Korean)
- Kovacs, I., Strommen, E. & Hjorth-Hanse, E., "Damping Devices Against Cable Oscillations on Sunningesund Bridge", Third International Symposium on Cable Dynamics, 1999, pp.145-150.
- KSCE, Design Guide for Cable Steel-Bridge, 2006. (in Korean)