- Volume 30 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Correct Implementation of Six Sigma Practices on Customer Focus Performance, Quality Performance and Business Performance
식스시그마의 올바른 실행이 고객관점 성과, 품질성과 및 사업성과에 미치는 영향
- 윤재홍 (동아대학교 경영대학 경영학과)
- Received : 2012.09.17
- Accepted : 2012.12.07
- Published : 2013.03.31
This research has seven factors such as top management leadership, belt system operation, implementation of systematic methods, adequate project performance measurement, customer focus performance, quality performance and business performance. Those are critical to correct implementation of Six Sigma. I set seven hypotheses which represented the relationships among the seven factors, gathered questionnaires and analyzed the data. Top management leadership affected positively the adequate project performance measurement and the belt system operation, The belt system operation affected the implementation of systematic methods positively and it also affected the adequate project performance measurement. It affected positively the customer focus performance, the quality performance and the business performance, respectively.
Supported by : 동아대학교
- 김계수, AMOS 16.0 구조방정식 모형분석, 한나래, 2008.
- 김성진, 홍종의, 서의호, "식스시그마 실행을 위한 전략적 실행공동체의 활성화", 경영과학, 제28권, 제1호(2011), pp.129-140.
- 김연성, 박상찬, 박영택, 박희준, 서영호, 유한주, 이동규, 글로벌품질경영, 박영사, 2009.
- 박재성, 박광태, "제조업과 서비스업의 6시그마 성공요인 비교연구:서비스업의 6시그마 운영전략을 중심으로", 한국생산관리학회지, 제20권, 제3호(2009), pp.46-72.
- 박정수, 장덕신, 김수욱, "품질경영 실행방식 요인과 성과 간 관계에 대한 JIT와 인력관리의 조절효과, 경영과학, 제27권, 제3호(2010), pp.99-115.
- 안영진, 서비스 6시그마, 박영사, 2004.
- 주기중, "TQM이 서비스 접점 종업원의 태도와 서비스 수행에 미치는 영향：의료서비스 산업을 대상으로", 경영과학, 제29권, 제1호 (2012), pp.101-114.
- Adam, E.E. Jr., "Alternative Quality improvement Practices and Organization Performance," Journal of Operations Management, Vol.12(1994), pp.27-47. https://doi.org/10.1016/0272-6963(94)90004-3
- Ahire, S.L. and P. Dreyfus, "The impact of design management and process management on quality:an empirical examination," Journal of Operations Management, Vol.18 (2000), pp.549-575. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0272-6963(00)00029-2
- Banker, R.D., G. Potter, and D. Srinivasan, "A Contextual Study of Links between Employee Satisfaction, Employee Turnover, Customer Satisfaction and Financial Performance," Working Paper, University of Texas at Dallas, 2000.
- Brun, A., "Critical success Factors of Six Sigma implementations in Italian companies," International Journal of Production Economics, Vol.131(2011), pp.158-164. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2010.05.008
- Braunscheidel, M.J., J.W. Hamister, N. Suresh, and H. Star, "An institutional theory perspective on Six Sigma adoption," International Journal of Operations and Production Management, Vol.31, No.4(2011), pp.423-451. https://doi.org/10.1108/01443571111119542
- Chase, R.B., F. Jacobs, and N. Aquilano, Operations Management for Competitive Advantage with Global Cases, 11th. ed., Mc- Graw-Hill Irwin, 2006.
- Choo, A.S., K. Linderman, and R.G. Schroeder, "Method and context perspectives on learning and knowledge creation in quality management," Journal of Operations Management, Vol.25, No.4(2007a), pp.918-931. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jom.2006.08.002
- Choo, A.S., K. Linderman, and R.G. Schroeder, "Method and psychological effects on learning behaviors and knowledge creation in quality management," Management Science, Vol.53, No.3(2007b), pp.437-450. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.1060.0635
- Deming, W.E., Out of Crisis, Cambridge, MA:MIT Press, 2000.
- DiMaggio, P.J. and W.W. Powell, "The iron cage revisited:institutional isomorphism and collective rationality in organizational fields," American Sociological Review, Vol.48(1983), pp.147-160. https://doi.org/10.2307/2095101
- Evance, J.R. and W.M. Lindsay, The Management and Control of Quality, 6th. edition, South-Western, 2005.
- Flynn, B.B., R.G. Schroeder, and S. Sakakibara, "A Framework for Quality Management Research and an Associated Measurement Instrument," Journal of Operations Management, Vol.11(1994), pp.339-366. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0272-6963(97)90004-8
- Garvin, D., "What does product quality really mean?," Sloan Management Review, (1984), pp.25-43.
- Harry, M.J. and R. Schroeder, Six Sigma: The Breakthrough Management Strategy Revolutionizing the World's Top Corporations, Doubleday, New York, 2005.
- Kaynak, H. and H. Janet, "A Replication and Extension of Quality Management into the Supply Chain," Journal of Operations Management, Vol.26(2008), pp.468-489. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jom.2007.06.002
- Kim, C., W. Lee, and T. Park, "The Effect of Collaboration between Marketing and Production on Internal and External Performance," California Journal of Operations Management, Vol.8, No.1(2010), pp.11-20.
- Linderman, K., R. Schroeder, S. Zaheer, C. Liedtke, and A.S. Choo, "Six Sigma:a goaltheoretic perspective," Journal of Operations Management, Vol.21, No.2(2004), pp.193- 203.
- Nair, A., M.K. Malhotra, and S.L. Ahire, "Toward a theory of managing context in Six Sigma process improvement projects: An acion research investigation," Journal of Operations Management, Vol.29(2011), pp. 529-548. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jom.2010.11.014
- Pande, P.S., R.P. Neuman, and R.R. Covanagh, The Six Sigma way:How GE, Motorola, and other top companies are honing their performance, McGraw-Hill, 2000.
- Raisinghani, M., S. Ette, H., Pierce, R. Cannon, and P. Daripaly, "Six Sigma:concepts, tools, and applications," Industrial Management and Data Systems, Vol.105, No.4(2005), pp.491-505. https://doi.org/10.1108/02635570510592389
- Schroeder, R.G., K. Linderman, C. Liedtke, and A.S. Choo, "Six Sigma Definition and underlying theory," Journal of Operations Management, Vol.26(2008), pp.536-554. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jom.2007.06.007
- Tamimi, N. and M. Gershon, "A Tool for Assessing Industry TQM Practice Pursuing the Deming Philosophy," Production and Inventory Management Journal, First Quarter, (1995), pp.27-32.
- Zhang, W., A.V. Hill, and G.H. Gilbreth, "A Research Agenda for Six Sigma Research," Quality Management Journal, Vol.18, No.1 (2011), pp.39-53. https://doi.org/10.1080/10686967.2011.11918301
- Zu, X., L.D. Fredendall, and T.J. Douglas, "The evolving theory of quality management: The role of Six Sigma," Journal of Operations Management, Vol.26(2008), pp. 630-650. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jom.2008.02.001