- Volume 22 Issue 3
In this paper, an environmental assessment was carried out on the whole process of industrial business activities to establish a basic plan for climate change mitigation and energy independency. The whole process was divided into each discharge process in terms of water, air, solid waste, green house gases and refractory organic compounds. The flowcharts and basic unit of process were analysed for three years (2008-2010), being utilized as basic information for the life cycle assessment. It was found that the unit loading for the whole process significantly depends on changes in the operation rate change and highly concentrated wastewater inflow. About 35% of solid waste production was reduced by improving the incineration method with co-combustion in coal boiler, generating about 57% of electricity used for the whole process, and consequently reducing the energy costs. As the eco-efficiency index was found to be more than 1, compared to the previous years, it can be said that improvement in general has taken place.
Green Company;Flowcharts and basic unit of process;Eco-Efficiency;Life cycle assessment
- Busan Fashion Color Cooperative, 2011, Plan of environmental improvement for green company appointment.
- Charmondusit, K. and Keartpakpraek, K., 2008, Ecoefficiency evaluation of the petroleum and petrochemical group in the Map Ta Phut industrial estate, paper presented in The International Conference on Environmental Research and Technology, (ICERT08), 28-30, Penang, Malaysia.
- Committee of Green Growth, 2009, Five-year plane for national strategy of green growth.
- Energy management corporation, 2011, Handbook of energy & climate change.
- Helminen, R. R., 2000, Developing tangible measures for eco-efficiency: the case of the Finnish and Swedish pulp and paper industry, Business Strategy and the Environment 9(3), 196-210. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-0836(200005/06)9:3<196::AID-BSE240>3.0.CO;2-O
- IPCC, 2006, Guidelines for National Greenhouse Gas Inventories.
- Kharel, G. P. and Charmondusit, K., 2008, co-efficiency evaluation of iron rod industry in Nepal, J. of Cleaner Production, 16(13), 1379-1387. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2007.07.004
- Kim, I., Kwon, E. S., Kyung, K. H., Choi, Y. N., Kim M. Y., 2006, Environmental comparison for the LCA of iron, K. J. LCA, 7(1), 1-6.
- KimS. K., , Yoon, Y. J., Choi, J. H., Kim I., Chung, T. H., 2008, Eco-efficiency and application of sewage treatment plant, Kor. Soc. Water & Wastewater, Kor Soc. Water Environment, Conference, 206-207.
- Korhonen and Luptacik., 2004, Eco-efficiency analysis of power plants: An extension of data envelopment analysis, European Journal of Operational Research, 154, 437-446. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-2217(03)00180-2
- Lowe, E., 2001, Eco-industrial Park Handbook for Asian Developing Countries. Report to Asian Development Bank.
- Min. of Environment, 2009, Regulation of carbon point, notification of 2009-87.
- Min. of Environment, 2011, Management regulation of green company appointment, notification of 2011-117.
- Min. of Environment, 2011, Index for management of greenhouse gas & energy.
- National Energy Committee, 2008, The first master plane for energy.
- Park, D. H., 2010, Manufacturing apparatus(15ton/d) for solid fuel using sludge of dyeing wastewater, Min. of Knowl. & Eco.
- Park, D. H., Chung, J. S., 2010, Co-treatment with dyeing wastewater and food wastewater with a fluidized biological membrane, K. J. Envir. Engi. Spring Conference, 299-303.
- Prime Minister's Office, 2010, Fundamental law 9931 for law carbon & green growth.
- Sanna E., Matti M., Per M., 2005, Eco-efficiency in the Finnish EMAS reports - a buzz word, Journal of Cleaner Production 13, 799-813. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2003.12.027
- Schaltegger, S., Sturm, A., 1992, Okologieorientierte Entscheidungen in Unternehmen: okologisches Rechnungswesen statt Okobilanzierung; Notwendigkeit, Kriterien, Konzepte. Haupt, Bern.
- WBCSD. 2004, A guide to reporting company performance, Geneva.
- 1. Eco-Efficiency Assessment of the Recycling Process in Resources Recycling Center vol.27, pp.6, 2015, doi:10.5322/JESI.2013.22.3.269
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 동서대학교