- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Semiconductor Etching Process Monitoring System Development using OES Sensor
OES 센서를 이용한 반도체 식각 공정 모니터링 시스템 개발
- Kim, Sang-Chul (School of Computer Science, Kookmin University)
- 김상철 (국민대학교 컴퓨터공학과)
- Received : 2012.12.29
- Accepted : 2013.03.09
- Published : 2013.03.30
In this paper, we developed the semiconductor monitoring system for the etching process. Around the world, expert companies are competing fiercely since the semiconductor industry is a leading value-added industry that produces the essential components of electronic products. As a result, many researches have been conducted in order to improve the quality, productivity, and characteristics of semiconductor products. Process monitoring techniques has an important role to give an equivalent quality and productivity to produce semiconductor. In fact, since the etching process to form a semiconductor circuit causes great damage to the semiconductors, it is very necessary to develop a system for monitoring the process. The proposed monitoring system is mainly focused on the dry etching process using plasma and it provides the detailed observation, analysis and feedback to managers. It has the functionality of setting scenarios to match the process control automatically. In addition, it maximizes the efficiency of process automation. The result can be immediately reflected to the system since it performs real-time monitoring. UI (User Interface) provides managers with diagnosis of the current state in the process. The monitoring system has diverse functionalities to control the process according to the scenario written in advance, to stop the process efficiently and finally to increase production efficiency.
- S. Limanond, J. Si, and K. Tsakalis, "Monitoring and control of semiconductor manufacturing processes," IEEE Control Systems, vol. 18, issue 6, pp. 46-58, Dec 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/37.736011
- M. Mozetic, U. Cvelbar, A. Vesel, N. Krstulovic, S. Milosevic, "Interaction of Oxygen Plasma with Aluminum Substrates," IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 868-869, Aug. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPS.2008.925383
- Z. Navratil, D. Trunec, R. Smid, and L. Lazar, "A software for optical emission spectroscopy - problem formulation and application to plasma diagnostics," Czech. J. Physics, vol. 56, 2006.
- Z. Navratil, D. Trunec, R. Smid, and L. Lazar, "A software for optical emission spectroscopy - problem formulation and application to plasmadiagnostics," Czech. J. Physics, vol. 56, 2006.
- R. Chen, "OES-based Sensing for Plasma Processing in IC Manufacturing," Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering - Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences - University of California at Berkeley.
- H. H. Yue, S. J. Qin, R. J. Markle, C. Nauert, and M. Gatto, "Fault Detection of Plasma Etchers Using Optical Emission Spectra," IEEE Trans. Semicond. Manuf., vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 374-385, Aug. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/66.857948
- R. N. Calheiros, R. Ranjan, A. Beloglazov, A. F. De Rose, R. Buyya, "CloudSim: a toolkit for modeling and simulation of cloud computing environments and evaluation of resource provisioning algorithms," Software: Practice and experience, vol. 41, issue 1, pp. 23-50, Jan. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1002/spe.995
- S. C. Kim, "An Efficient Data Transmission Strategy using Adaptive-Tier Low Transmission Power Schedule in a Steady-state of BMA," Journal of KSCI, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 103-111, May. 2010. https://doi.org/10.9708/jksci.2010.15.5.103
- I. H. Kim, "A Point of Production System for Semiconductor Wafer Dicing Process," Journal of KSCI, Vol. 14, No. 10, pp. 55-61, Oct. 2009.