- Volume 14 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Performance Comparison of Three Different Types of Attitude Control Systems of the Quad-Rotor UAV to Perform Flip Maneuver
- Lee, Byung-Yoon (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Yoo, Dong-Wan (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Tahk, Min-Jea (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2013.03.05
- Accepted : 2013.03.12
- Published : 2013.03.30
This paper addresses the performance of three different types of attitude control systems for the Quad-rotor UAV to perform the flip maneuver. For this purpose, Quad-rotor UAV's 6-DOF dynamic model is derived, and it was used for designing an attitude controller of the Quad-rotor UAV. Attitude controllers are designed by three different methods. One is the open-loop control system design, another is the PD control system design, and the last method is the sliding mode control system design. Performances of all controllers are tested by 6-DOF simulation. In case of the open-loop control system, control inputs are calculated by the quad-rotor dynamic model and thrust system model that are identified by the thrust test. The 6-DOF realtime simulation environment was constructed in order to verify the performances of attitude controllers.
Supported by : Agency for Defense Development
- Mellinger, D., Michael, N., and Kumar, V., "Trajectory generation and control for precise aggressive maneuvers with quadrotors," The International Journal of Robotics Research, Vol. 31, No. 5, 2012, pp. 664-674. https://doi.org/10.1177/0278364911434236
- Cutler, M., Ure, N. K., Michini, B., and How, J. P., "Comparison of Fixed and Variable Pitch Actuators for Agile Quadrotors," AIAA Guidance, Navigation and Control Conference, Portland, OR, 2011.
- Lupashin, S., and D'Andrea, R.., "Adaptive fast openloop maneuvers for quadrocopters," Autonomous Robots, Vol 33, 2012, pp. 89-102. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10514-012-9289-9
- Schoellig, A. P., Mueller, F. L., and D'Andrea, R., "Optimization-based iterative learning for precise quadrocopter trajectory tracking," Autonomous Robots, Vol 33, 2012, pp. 103-127. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10514-012-9283-2
- Bresciani, T., "Modelling, Identification and Control of a Quadrotor Helicopter," Master Thesis, Lund University, Lund, Sweden, 170 pages, 2008.
- Monsees, G., "Discrete-Time Sliding Mode Control," , Ph.D Thesis, Delft University of Technology, Delft, Nederlands, 2002.
- Won, D. Y., and Tahk, M. J., "Sliding Mode Controller Design for Quad-Rotor Attitude Stabilization," 3rd TokyoTech- KAIST Joint Workshop for Mechanical Engineering Students, 2007.
- Slotine, J. E., and Li, W., Applied Nonlinear Control, Prentice-Hall International, Inc, City, 1991.
- A Primer on Autonomous Aerial Vehicle Design vol.15, pp.12, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3390/s151229785
- Linear Matrix Inequality-Based Nonlinear Adaptive Robust Control of Quadrotor vol.39, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.2514/1.G001439
- Thrust Control Loop Design for Electric-Powered UAV vol.19, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s42405-018-0003-9