- Volume 14 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Precise attitude determination strategy for spacecraft based on information fusion of attitude sensors: Gyros/GPS/Star-sensor
- Mao, Xinyuan (School of Aerospace Engineering, Beijing Institute of Technology) ;
- Du, Xiaojing (School of Aerospace Engineering, Beijing Institute of Technology) ;
- Fang, Hui (School of Aerospace Engineering, Beijing Institute of Technology)
- Received : 2012.09.21
- Accepted : 2013.03.14
- Published : 2013.03.30
The rigorous requirements of modern spacecraft missions necessitate a precise attitude determination strategy. This paper mainly researches that, based on three space-borne attitude sensors: 3-axis rate gyros, 3-antenna GPS receiver and star-sensor. To obtain global attitude estimation after an information fusion process, a feedback-involved Federated Kalman Filter (FKF), consisting of two subsystem Kalman filters (Gyros/GPS and Gyros/Star-sensor), is established. In these filters, the state equation is implemented according to the spacecraft's kinematic attitude model, while the residual error models of GPS and star-sensor observed attitude are utilized, to establish two observation equations, respectively. Taking the sensors' different update rates into account, these two subsystem filters are conducted under a variable step size state prediction method. To improve the fault tolerant capacity of the attitude determination system, this paper designs malfunction warning factors, based on the principle of
- Itzhack, Y., Bar-Itzhack, and Richard, R., Harman, "Optimized TRIAD Algorithm for Attitude Determination", Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 20, No. 1, 1997, pp. 208-211. DOI: 10.2514/2.4025 https://doi.org/10.2514/2.4025
- Itzhack, Y., Bar-Itzhack, "New Method for Extracting the Quaternion from a Rotation Matrix", Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 23, No. 6, 2000, pp. 1085-1087. DOI: 10.2514/2.4654 https://doi.org/10.2514/2.4654
- Jonghee, Bae, and Youdam, Kim, "Attitude Estimation for Satellite Fault Tolerant System Using Federated Unscented Kalman Filter", International Journal of Aeronautical and Space Sciences, Vol. 11, No. 2, 2010, pp. 80-86. DOI: 10.5139/IJASS.2010.11.2.080 https://doi.org/10.5139/IJASS.2010.11.2.080
- T.M.A., Habib, "A Comparative Study of Spacecraft Attitude Determination and Estimation Algorithms (A Costbenefit Approach)", Aerospace Science and Technology, 2012. URL : http://dx.doi.org/ 10.1016/j.ast.2012.04.005
- Demoz, Gebre-Egziabher, Roger, C., Hayward, and J., David, Powell, "Design of Multi-sensor Attitude Determination Systems", IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 40, No. 2, 2004, pp. 627-649. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAES.2004.1310010
- R.E., Kalman, "A New Approach to Linear Filtering and Prediction Problems", Journal of Basic Engineering (ASME), Vol. 82D, 1960, pp. 35-45.
- J.D., Pearson, and S., Reich, "Decomposition of Large Optimal-control Problems", Proceedings of the Institution of Electrical Engineers, Vol. 114, No. 6, 1967, pp. 845-851. https://doi.org/10.1049/piee.1967.0163
- Guo Kang, Du Xiaojing, and Mao Xinyuan, "Research on Multi Update Rate Method of Precise Satellite Attitude Determination Based on Gyro and Star-Sensor", AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference, Portland, USA, 2011.
- Jianguo Yan, Dongli Yuan, Xinmin Wang, et al, "A Study of Information Fusion Based on Federated Kalman Filtering", Proceedings of the 6th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, Dalian, China, 2006.
- Tao Junyong, Qiu Jing, Wen Xisen, et al, "Adaptive Federated Filter Model and Its Application in SINS/GPS Integrated Navigation System for Vehicle", Information and Control, Vol. 29, No. 2, 2000, pp. 168-172.
- Wu Xunzhong, Zhou Jun, and Qiu Kai, "Study of A Robust Federated Filtering Algorithm Based on Fault Factor Function", Journal of Astronautics, Vol. 27, No. 1, 2006, pp. 57-60.
- Liu Zhun, and Chen Zhe, "New Fault Detection Structure and Algorithm Based on Federated Filter", Journal of Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Vol. 28, No. 5, 2002, pp. 550-554.
- P.J.G., Teunissen, "The Least-squares Ambiguity Decorrelation Adjustment- A Method for Fast GPS Integer Ambiguity Estimation", Journal of Geodesy, Vol. 70, No. 1-2, 1995, pp. 65-82. DOI: 10.1007/BF00863419 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00863419