- Volume 26 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Error factors and uncertainty measurement for determinations of amino acid in beef bone extract
사골농축액 시료 중에 함유된 아미노산 정량분석에 대한 오차 요인 및 측정불확도 추정
- Kim, Young-Jun (Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University) ;
- Kim, Ji-Young (Department of Agro-Food safety, National Academy of Agricultural Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Jung, Min-Yu (Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University) ;
- Shin, Young-Jae (Department of Environmental Horticulture, Dankook University)
- Received : 2012.08.24
- Accepted : 2013.03.05
- Published : 2013.04.25
This study was demonstrated to estimate the measurement uncertainty of 23 multiple-component amino acids from beef bone extract by high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). The sources of measurement uncertainty (i.e. sample weight, final volume, standard weight, purity, standard solution, calibration curve, recovery and repeatability) in associated with the analysis of amino acids were evaluated. The estimation of uncertainty obtained on the GUM (Guide to the expression of uncertainty in measurement) and EURACHEM document with mathematical calculation and statistical analysis. The content of total amino acids from beef bone extract was 36.18 g/100 g and the expanded uncertainty by multiplying coverage factor (k, 2.05~2.36) was 3.81 g/100 g at a 95% confidence level. The major contributors to the measurement uncertainty were identified in the order of recovery and repeatability (25.2%), sample pretreatment (24.5%), calibration-curve (24.0%) and weight of the reference material (10.4%). Therefore, more careful experiments are required in these steps to reduce uncertainties of amino acids analysis with a better personal proficiency improvement.
Supported by : 국립농업과학원
- S. C. Heo, J. S. Min, J. S. Park, M. A. Lim and S. W. Park, Analytical Science & Technology., 17, 443-453 (2004).
- M. K. Kim, S. J. Park, C. M. Lim, B. H. Cho, H. J. Kwon, D. G. Kim and G. S. Chung, Korean J. Vet Res., 47, 139-145 (2007).
- H. M. Lee, B. M. Kwak, J. H. Ahn and T. H. Jeon, Korean J. Food Sci. Technol., 40, 152-159 (2008).
- J. Y. Kim, Y. J. Kim, J. H. Yoo, J. H. Lee, M. J. Kim, D. W. Kang, G. J. Im, M. K. Hong, Y. J. Shin and W. I. Kim, Korean J. Environ Agric., 30, 179-188 (2011).
- U. Schepers, J. Ermer, L. Preu and H. Watzig, J. Chromatogr. B., 810. 111-118 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jchromb.2004.07.023
- D. B. Hibbert, J. Jiang and M. I. Mulholland, Anal. Chim. Acta., 443, 205-214 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-2670(01)01222-3
- E. Soboleva, A. Ambrus and O Jarju, J. Chromatogr. A., 1029, 161-166 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2003.10.139
- R. L. Heinrikson and S. C. Meridith, Anal. Biochem, 136, 65-74 (1984). https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-2697(84)90307-5
- C. R Llames and J. Fontaine, J. AOAC Int., 77, 1362-1402 (1994).
- KOLAS, "Guideline for quantifying and expressing the uncertainty in measurement results. Korea Laboratory Accreditation Scheme. Daejon, Korea", 2000.
- FDA. Guidance for industry Bioanalytical Method Validation, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Food and Drug Administration. Rockville, MD, USA. 2001.
- J. Y. Jun, B. M. Kwak, J. H. Ahn and U. Y. Kong, Korean J. Food Sci. Technol., 36, 701-710 (2004).
- S. Leito, K. Molder, A. Kunnapas, K. Herodes and I. Leito , J. Chromatogr. A., 1121, 55-63 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2006.04.032
- H. E. Ok, H. J. Chang, J. H. Ahn, J. Y. Cho and H. S. Chun, Korean J. Food Sci. Technol., 41, 258-264 (2009).
- F. Toldra, M. C. Aristoy, C. Part, C. Crervero, E. Rico, M. J. Motilva and J. Flores, J. Food Sci., 57, 816-818 (1992). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1992.tb14301.x
- J. Ventanas, J. J. Cordoba, T. Antequera, C. Garcia, C. Lopez-Bote and A. Asensio, J. Food Sci., 57, 813-815 (1992). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1992.tb14300.x
- M. A. Dura, M. Flores and F. Toldra, Food Chem., 86, 385-389 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2003.09.012
- J. A. White, R. J. Hart and J. C. Fry, J. Automatic Chem., 8, 170-177(1988).
- Y. J. Kim and H. W. Kim, Korean J. Food Sci. Technol., 35, 1053-1059 (2003).
- Ellison, S. L. R., Roesslein, M. I., and Williams, 'A. Quantifying Uncertainty in Analytical Measurements 2nd', EURACHEM, London, UK, 32-94. 2000.
- ISO, "Guide to the expression of uncertainty in measurements. International Organization for Standardization (GUM), Swizerland". 1995.
- B. N. Taylor and C. E. Kuyatt, 'Guidelines for Evaluating and Expressing the Uncertainty of NIST Measurement Results, National Institute of standards and technology (NIST)', Gaithersburg, MD, USA (1994).
- E. Hund, D. L. Massart and J. Smeyers-Verbeke, Anal. Chim. Acta., 480, 39-52 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-2670(02)01591-X
- L. Alder, W. Korth, A. L. Patey, H. A. Schee and S. Schoeneweiss, J. AOAC. Int., 84, 1569-1578 (2001).
- M. D. Islam, M. S. Turcu and A. Cannavan, Food Addit Contam., 25, 1439-1450 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1080/02652030802189765
- H. E. Ok, H. J. Chang, Y, W. Kang, M. H. Kim and H. S. Chun, Korean J. Food Sci. Technol., 26, 142-149 (2011).