- Volume 37 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
High-Temperature Design of Sodium-to-Air Heat Exchanger in Sodium Test Loop
소듐 시험루프 내 소듐대 공기 열교환기의 고온 설계
- Lee, Hyeong-Yeon (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Eoh, Jae-Hyuk (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Yong-Bum (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute)
- Received : 2012.12.28
- Accepted : 2013.02.12
- Published : 2013.05.01
In a Korean Generation IV prototype sodium-cooled fast reactor (SFR), various types of high-temperature heat exchangers such as IHX (intermediate heat exchanger), DHX (decay heat exchanger), AHX (air heat exchanger), FHX (finned-tube sodium-to-air heat exchanger), and SG (steam generator) are to be designed and installed. In this study, the high-temperature design and integrity evaluation of the sodium-to-air heat exchanger AHX in the STELLA-1 (sodium integral effect test loop for safety simulation and assessment) test loop already installed at KAERI (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) and FHX in the SEFLA (sodium thermal-hydraulic experiment loop for finned-tube sodium-to-air heat exchanger) test loop to be installed at KAERI have been performed. Evaluations of creep-fatigue damage based on full 3D finite element analyses were conducted for the two heat exchangers according to the high-temperature design codes, and the integrity of the high-temperature design of the two heat exchangers was confirmed.
Sodium Test Loop;Sodium-to-Air Heat Exchanger;High Temperature Design;Creep-Fatigue
Supported by : 교육과학기술부
- Kim, Y. I., Jang, J. W., Lee, J. H., Kim, S. J., Kim, S. O., Kim, J. B., Jung, H. Y. and Lee, H.Y., 2012, Conceptual design report of SASFR Demonstration Reactor of 600MWe capacity, KAERI/TR-4598/2012.
- Lee, H. Y., Lee, J. H., Lee, T. H., Eoh, J. H., Kim, T. J. and Lee, Y. B., 2010, "Construction of a High Temperature Gr.91 Sodium Component Test," Materials Science Forum, Vols.416-419, pp.528-531.
- Lee, H. Y., Kim, J. B. and Park, H. Y., 2012, "Creep- Fatigue Damage Evaluation of Sodium to Air Heat Exchanger in Sodium Test Loop Facility," Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 250, pp.308-315. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nucengdes.2012.05.034
- Lee, H. Y., Kim, J. B. and Park, H. Y., 2012, "High Temperature Design and Damage Evaluation of Mod.9Cr-1Mo Steel Heat Exchanger," Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology, Transactions of ASME, Vol. 133, Oct. pp.051101-10.
- Lee, H.Y. and Lee, J.H., 2010, "Development of Assessment Methodology on Creep-Fatigue Crack Behavior for a Grade 91 Steel Structure," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol,34,No.1, pp.103-110. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2010.34.1.103
- ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, 2010, Section III, Div. 1, Subsection NH, Class 1 Components in Elevated Temperature Service.
- 2010, RCC-MRx Subsection B: Class N1RX Reactor Components, Its Auxiliary Systems and Supports, Draft 2010 AFCEN RCC-MRx code.
- Srinivasan, R., Jalaldeen, S., Biswas, A., Selvaraj, P., Chellapandi, P. and Chetal, S. C., 2007, "Optimization of Support Design of Tubes in a Sodium to Air Exchanger from Thermal, Vibration and Sieimic Loading Considerations," Transactions, SMIRT 19, Paper No. S02/6, Toronto.
- Evaluation of Creep-Fatigue Integrity for High Temperature Pressure Vessel in a Sodium Test Loop vol.38, pp.8, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.8.831
- Design evaluation on sodium piping system and comparison of the design codes vol.29, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-015-0216-9
- Comparison of Crack Growth Test Results at Elevated Temperature and Design Code Material Properties for Grade 91 Steel vol.39, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2015.39.1.027