- Volume 37 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Experimental Investigation of Creep Groan Noise
크립 그론 소음 특성에 대한 실험적 연구
- Received : 2012.05.02
- Accepted : 2013.01.28
- Published : 2013.05.01
Creep groan noise occurs at low frequencies immediately after releasing brake pressure or when a car stops. This noise can be used to predict problems in not only the brake system but also the vehicle system. Because of its complexity, it is difficult to determine its characteristics. Therefore, most improvements are conducted by changing the brake pad, and it still remains difficult to conduct a test using a vehicle. In this study, the characteristics of creep groan noise and the effects from a vehicle system are investigated by using vehicles and an NVH chassis-dynamometer through various tests. A new evaluation method for creep groan noise by using a vehicle is proposed, and the possibility of reduction schemes from the viewpoint of the vehicle system is confirmed from the results mentioned above.
Creep Groan;Brake Noise;Structural-Borne Noise
- Bettella, M., Harrison, M. F. and Sharp, R. S., 2002, "Investigation of Automotive Creep Groan Noise with a Distributed Source Excitation Technique," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol.255, No. 3, pp.531-547. https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.2001.4178
- Donley, M. and Riesland, D., 2003, "Brake Groan Simulation for a McPherson Strut Type Suspension," SAE Technical Paper Series, NO.2003-01-1627.
- Dunlap, K. B., Riehle, M. A. and Longhouse, R. E., 1999, "An Investigate Overview of Automotive Disc Brake Noise," SAE Technical Paper Series, No.1999- 01-0142.
- Vadari, V. and Jackson, M., 1999, "An Experimental Investigation of Disk Brake Creep-Groan in Vehicles and Brake Dynamometer Correlation," SAE Technical Paper Series, NO.1999-01-3408.
- Crowther, A. R., Yoon, J. and Singh, R., 2007, "An Explanation for Brake Groan Based on Coupled Brake-Driveline System Analysis," SAE Technical Paper Series, No.2007-01-2260.
- Crowther, A. R. and Singh, R., 2007, "Analytical Investigation of Stick-Slip Motions in Coupled Brake- Driveline Systems," Nonlinear Dynamics, Vol.50, No. 3, pp.463-481. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11071-006-9187-9
- "Transfer Path Analysis : The Qualification and Quantification of Vibro-Acoustic Transfer Paths," LMS International Application Note.