- Volume 37 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Study on Design of Coupling Bolt for Shaft in Power Plant
발전용 축계 결합용 커플링 볼트 설계에 관한 연구
- Jeong, HoSeung (Rolls-Royce and Pusan Nat'l. Univ. Technology Center) ;
- Son, ChangWoo (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Maritime Univ.) ;
- Cho, JongRae (School of Mechanical and Energy System Engineering, Korea Maritime Univ.) ;
- Kim, Tae Hyung (Hwashinbolt Ind. Co, LTD.)
- Received : 2012.11.12
- Accepted : 2013.01.30
- Published : 2013.05.01
Coupling bolts have replaced conventional fitted bolts in applications where the operator's safety during assembly/disassembly is of concern or where the cost of process interruption is significant. Coupling bolts have been installed on rotating flange couplings in a wide range of marine and power applications worldwide. Their use has been approved by all leading international and national classification societies and regulatory bodies. A coupling bolt is a hydraulically tensioned fitted bolt that creates a stable and rigid link between coupling flanges and simplifies assembly and disassembly. We measure the bolt dimensions for reverse engineering and study the standard of assembly-load using a mechanical formula in order to localize a coupling bolt for a shaft in a power plant. We experimentally obtain the friction coefficient and confirm the condition of bolt sets through structure analysis. We show the variation of contact pressure for the shape parameter in order to consider the result when redesigning a bolt.
Coupling Bolt;Sleeve;Shaft;Finite Element Method
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Kim, J. G., Park, S. S., Kim, Y. Y., Choi, S. H. and Kim, B. K., 1996, " Finite Element Modelling and Experimental Verification of the Structures with Bolted Joints," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 20, No. 6, pp. 1854-1861.
- Kwon, Y. D., Goo, N. S., Kim, S.Y. and Cho, M. H., 2002, "Finite Element Modeling for Static and Dynamic Analysis of Structures with Bolted Joints," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp. 667-676. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2002.26.4.667
- Kim, H. Y., Bae, W. B., Jang, Y. J., Han, S. M. and Kim, C., 2007, "Development of a Technique to Prevent Bolt Looseness and to Decrease in Quantity for the Plate Type Heat Exchanger Used in Large Craft," Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, Vol. 24, No. 9, pp. 44-51.
- Cho, S. S., Chang, H. and Lee, K. W., 2008, "Finite Element-Based Fatigue Assessment of Engine Connecting-Rod Bolts," Transactions of KSAE, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 14-20.
- Lee, J. M., Lee, M. U., Cho, S. K., Koo, M. H., Gimm H. I. and Lee, T. H., 2009, "Strength Analysis of Bolt Joints for an Open Frame Structure," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 33, No, 8, pp. 819-825. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2009.33.8.819
- Lee, K. S., Kim, W. H. and Seok, J. H., 2010, "Design of Fastener for Solid Rocket Motor Using Solid CAD System," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol.34, No. 7, pp. 805-811. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2010.34.7.805
- Kim, T. W., Lee, B. Y. and Kim, J. H., 1995, "Finite Element Analysis on Tapered Threads of Stud Bolt for Steam Turbines," Proceedings of the KSME 1995 Autumn Conference, pp. 373-377
- Hyun, D. C., 2006, "Study on the quick tightening tension mechanism of the stud bolts for steam turbine of electric power generator," Mechanical engineering, Graduate school of Nambu University.
- Chung, N. Y. and Kim, M. Y., 2000, "Establishment of Replacement Criteria for Stud Bolts using on High Temperature in the Power Plants," Transactions of the KSAE, Vol. 8, No. 6, pp. 279-286.
- Lee, J. O., Kim, B. J., Park, J. S. and Jung, S. S., 2006, "A Study on the Con-rod Bolt Tightening for a Medium Speed Engine," Proceedings of the KSME 2006 Spring Conference, pp. 552-557.
- Ryu, S. W., Kim, H. J., Park, J. J. and Kang, Y. H., 1998, "Diagnosis Method and Material Property of a Retired Stud Bolts," Proceedings of the KSME 1998 Spring Conference, pp. 190-195.
- Jang, S. J., Bae, J. H., Lee, H. W. and Kim, C., 2011, "A Study on the Coupling Bolt and Sleeve on Turbines for Nuclear Power," Proceedings of the KSMPE 2011 Spring Conference, pp. 41-42.
- Kwon. Y. J., Kim, S. J., Park, K. R. and Ok, Y. K., 2006, "Localization of Hydraulic Shaft Coupling Bolt," Proceedings of the KOSME 2006 Spring Conference, pp. 9-10.
- Ryu, C. U., Choi, J. H., Park, J. H. and Kim, J. H, 2008, "Study of Structural Integrity for Marine Sleeve Type Hydraulic Bolt," 2008, Proceedings of the KFMA 2008 Conference, pp. 639-640.
- Prediction of Joining Torque for Bit Depth of Subminiature Bolt vol.38, pp.8, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.8.917