- Volume 37 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Study on Seismic Analysis and Test for Seismic Qualification of 245kV GIS
245kV 가스절연개폐장치의 내진성능 실증을 위한 시험 및 해석
- Kim, Yu-Gyeong (Frontier Technology Institute, Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., ltd.) ;
- Kwon, Tae-Hoon (Frontier Technology Institute, Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., ltd.) ;
- Jeong, Yeong-Jin (Electro Electric Systems, Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., ltd.) ;
- Kim, Hong-Tae (Electro Electric Systems, Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., ltd.) ;
- Kim, Young-Joong (Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials)
- 김유경 (현대중공업 미래기술연구소) ;
- 권태훈 (현대중공업 미래기술연구소) ;
- 정영진 (현대중공업 전기전자시스템 사업본부) ;
- 김홍태 (현대중공업 전기전자시스템 사업본부) ;
- 김영중 (한국기계연구원)
- Received : 2012.12.28
- Accepted : 2013.02.14
- Published : 2013.05.01
Gas insulated switchgear is large-sized electric equipment for providing a reliable supply of electric power. Recently, seismic tests of electric equipment using a shaking table have been mandated because seismic performance has become an increasingly important issue. However, basic analysis methods continue to be used because some electric equipment is too large for shaking table facilities. Thus, a reliable analysis method should be developed for large-scale electric equipment. This study aims to evaluate the seismic qualification of a 245kV GIS in accordance with IEEE-693 and to validate the analysis method by comparing it with test results. Both the test and the analysis showed that the 245kV GIS has proper seismic safety. Furthermore, the differences between the analysis and the test results are less than 10% for an accurately given mass, stiffness, and input acceleration. It is expected that this study can be used for the seismic qualification of large-scale electrical structures.
Gas Insulated Switchgear;Modal Analysis;Response Spectrum Analysis;Shaking Table Test;Seismic Qualification
- Bolin, P., Dow, D. Fitzgerald, Gowhari, D., Hand, C., Nakauchi, S., Ninh, T.Osumi, M., P., Flood, J., Sadakuni, H., Shimizu, Y., Tran, T. and Withers, B., 2010, "Gas Insulated Switchgear Developed to Meet Increased Load Demand in Los Angeles Basin," IEEE Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exposition, pp. 1-7.
- 2005, "IEEE Recommended Practice for Seismic Design of Substations," IEEE Power Engineering Society
- Davis, J. R., 1996, "ASM Specialty Handbook: Carbon and Alloy Steels," ASM International
- ANSYS, 2012, "User's Manual," Revision 13.0, ANSYS Inc.
- 1989, "Manual of Steel Construction Allowable Stress Design - Ninth Edition," American Institute of Steel Construction.
- Lee, B. Y., Cho, C. R., Jeong, D. G, Kim, W. J. and Shon, J. Y., 2005, "Dynamic Analysis and Structural Safety Evaluation of Cabinet of a Reactor Safety System," Journal of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering, Vol. 22, No. 12, pp. 131-140.
- Kim, H. T. and Lee, Y. S., 2011, "Seismic and Structure Analysis of a Temporary Rack Construction in a Nuclear Power Plant," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 35, No. 10, pp. 1265-1271. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2011.35.10.1265
- Buck, K. E., Kleine-Tebbe, A. and Rees, V., 1993, "Verification of the Seismic Resistance of Gas- Insulated Switchgear(GIS)," IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 114-120. https://doi.org/10.1109/61.180326