- Volume 27 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Risk Control Options for Blockage Treatment
Subsea X-mas Tree에서의 Blockage 처리 실패에 대한 위험도 저감 방안 분석
- Received : 2012.11.29
- Accepted : 2013.04.19
- Published : 2013.04.30
A subsea chemical injection system treats blockage problems in a subsea production system. It is important to treat problems quickly, because production delays cause fatal profit losses in a subsea production system. Therefore, the subsea industry requires a relatively higher reliability level for a production system compared to other industries. In this study, a subsea chemical injection system (linked to a control system) to inject chemicals into a subsea X-mas tree was analyzed. By using FSA (Formal Safety Assessment), the risk factors were defined and a quantitative risk analysis utilizing FTA (Fault Tree Analysis) and ETA (Event Tree Analysis) was performed. As a result, the effectiveness of a risk reduction option was evaluated.
Subsea chemical injection system;Subsea Production System;Blockage;FSA(Formal safety assessment);FTA(Fault tree analysis);ETA(Event tree analysis)
- Bai Y., Bai Q., 2010. Subsea Engineering Handbook. Elsevier, USA.
- Banks, J., Carson, II,J.S., Nelson, B.L., Nicol, D.M., 2001. Discrete- Event System Simulation. Third Edition, Prentice-Hall, USA.
- Kidam, K., Hurme, M., 2012. Design as a Contributor to Chemical Process Accidents. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries, 25, 655-666. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jlp.2012.02.002
- Modarres, M., 2006. Risk Analysis in Engineering. Taylor & Francis Group, Boca Raton.
- Moon, K.T., 2010. The Study on Quantitative Risk Assessment Methodology of Ship Machinery System. Master's degree thesis, Seoul National University.
- OREDA Participants, 2009. OREDA Handbook. 2 - Subsea Equipment 5th Edition, DNV, Norwey.
- Risk and efficiency analysis of dual mixed refrigerant liquefaction process configurations for floating liquefied natural gas at conceptual design stage pp.10668527, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1002/prs.11994
Supported by : 해양시스템공학연구소(RIMSE)