- Volume 27 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Development of Particle Simulation Method for Analysis of Fluid-Structure Interaction Problems
유체-구조 상호연성 해석을 위한 입자법 시뮬레이션 기술 개발
Hwang, Sung-Chul;Park, Jong-Chun;Song, Chang-Yong;Kim, Young-Hun
- Received : 2013.01.29
- Accepted : 2013.04.19
- Published : 2013.04.30
Recently, some fluid-structure interaction (FSI) problems involving the fluid impact loads interacting with structures, such as sloshing, slamming, green-water, etc., have been considered, especially in the ocean engineering field. The governing equations for both an elastic solid model and flow model were originally derived from similar continuum mechanics principles. In this study, an elastic model based on a particle method, the MPS method, was developed for simulating the FSI problems. The developed model was first applied to a simple cantilever deflection problem for verification. Then, the model was coupled with the fluid flow model, the PNU (Pusan National University modified)-MPS method, and applied to the numerical investigation of the coupling effects between a cantilever and a mass of water, which has variable density, free-falling to the end of the cantilever.
Particle method;MPS(Moving particle simulation) method;Fluid-structure interaction;Elastic model;Cantilever deflection problem
- Lee, B.H., Park, J.C., Kim, M.H., Hwang, S.C., 2011a. Step-bystep Improvement of MPS Method in Simulating Violent Freesurface Motions and Impact- loads. Comput. Methods Appl. Mech. Engrg., 200, 1113-1125. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cma.2010.12.001
- Lee, H., Rhee, S.H., 2011, Fluid-structure Interaction Analysis of Two-dimensional Flow Around a Moving Cylinder. Proceeding of Korean Society of Computational Fluid Engineering, 68-74.
- Lee, S.H., Kang, S., Hur, N., 2011b. Development of Program for the Fluid-structure Interation Analysis on Hemodynamics of CerebralArtery, Proceeding of Korean Society of Computational Fluid Engineering, 355-358.
- Monaghan, J.J., 1988. An Introduction to SPH. Comput. Phys. Comn., 48, 89-96. https://doi.org/10.1016/0010-4655(88)90026-4
- Park, K.H., Min, J.K., Kim, J.K., Kang, S.H., Kim, S.J., Park, S.H., 2011. A Numerical Study on the Effect of a Microfin with a Flexible Up-down Movement on Heat Transter using a Fluid-structure Interaction (FSI) Method. Journal of the Korea Society for Precision Engineering 28(8), 975-983.
- Shin, S., 2007. Numerical Simulation on Fluid-structure Interaction of a Two-dimensional Orbiting Flexible Foil. Journal of Computational Fluid Engineering, 12(2), 37-45.
- Shin, S., 2011. Simulation of Fluid-Structure Interaction of a Towed Body using an Asysmmetric Tension Model. Journal of Computational Fluid Engineering, 16(1), 7-13.
- Ugural, A.C., Fenster, S.K., 2011. Advanced Mechanics of Materials and Applied Elasticity. Fifth Edition, Prentice Hall.
- Choi, C.R., Kim, C.N., Hong, T.H., 2009. Blood Cell Dynamics in a Simple Shear Flow using an Implicit Fluid-Structure Interaction Method Based on the ALE Approach. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, 49, 685-690.
- Kennedy, J.C., Solbrekken, G.L., 2011. Coupled Fluid Structure Interaction(FSI) Modelling of Parallel Plate Assembles Proc. ASME 2011 IMECE 2011, 1-9.
- Kondo, M., Koshizuka, S., Suzuki, Y., 2005. Application of Sysmplectic Scheme to Three-dimensional Elastic Analysis Using Mps Method. Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, 72, 65-71.
- Koo, J., Jeong, W., Cho, S., Ahn, S., Kim, D., 2009. Study on Adaptive FSI Technique for Hydroelastic Analysis of Liquified Fuel-Storage Tank. Proceedings of the Korea Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering Conference, 496-497.
- Koshizuka, S., Oka, T., 1996. Moving-particle Semi-implicit Method for Fragmentation of Incompressible Fluid. Nuclear Science and Engineering, 123, 421-434. https://doi.org/10.13182/NSE96-A24205
Supported by : 한국연구재단