- Volume 13 Issue 4
This paper proposes a dynamic gesture recognition algorithm using SVM(Support Vector Machine) which is suitable for multi-dimension classification. First of all, the proposed algorithm locates the beginning and end of the gestures on the video frames at the Kinect camera, spots meaningful gesture frames, and normalizes the number of frames. Then, for gesture recognition, the algorithm extracts gesture features using body parts' positions and relations among the parts based on the human model from the normalized frames. C-SVM for each dynamic gesture is trained using training data which consists of positive data and negative data. The final gesture is chosen with the largest value of C-SVM values. The proposed gesture recognition algorithm can be applied to the interactive storybook as gesture interface.
Supported by : 덕성여자대학교
- S. Young, G. Evermann, M. Gales, T. Hain, D. Kershaw, X. Liu, G. Moore, J. Odell, D. Ollason, D. Povey, V. Valtchev, and P. Woodland, "The HTK Book," Microsoft Corporation and Cambridge University Engineering Department, 2009.
- E. J. R. Justino, F. Bortolozzi, and R. Sabourin, "A comparison of SVM and HMM classifiers in the offline signature verification," Pattern Recognition Letters, Vol.26, No.9, pp.1377-1385, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patrec.2004.11.015
- 이제근, 김수진, 장병탁, "학습을 위한 네거티브 데이터가 존재하지 않는 경우의 microRNA 타겟예측 방법", 한국컴퓨터종합학술대회 논문집, 제 35권, 제1(C)호, pp.212-216, 2008.
- P. Boland, D. Kavanagh, and J. Squires, "iMARK Interactive Media Annotation Resource Kit," 2010, File Available at: https://dspace.ndlr.ie/handle/10633/5508.
- T. G. Kirner, F. M. V. Reis, and C. Kirner, "Development of an interactive book with augmented reality for teaching and learning geometric shapes," in proc. of Iberian conf. on Information Systems and Technologies, pp.1-6, 2012.
- 이경옥, 이경미, 이상희, "유아 동작에 기초한 interactive 동화콘텐츠 개발 연구", 어린이미디어연구논문지, 제11권, 제2호, pp.133-154, 2012.
- N. A. Ibraheem and R. Z. Khan, "Vision based gesture recognition using neural networks approaches: a review," Int'l J. of Human Computer Interaction, Vol.3, No.1, pp.1-14, 2012.
- 이동규, 이기정, 황보택근, 임혁규, "신경망을 이용한 동작분석과 원격 응급상황 검출 시스템", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제6권, 제9호, pp.50-59, 2006.
- M. J. Jeon, S. W. Lee, and Z. Bien, "Hand gesture recognition using multivariate fuzzy decision tree and user adaptation," Int'l J. of Fuzzy System Applications, Vol.1, Issue 3, pp.15-31, 2011. https://doi.org/10.4018/ijfsa.2011070102
- W. Xiaojuan, "Dynamic gesture track recognition based on HMM," in proc. of IEEE conf. on VSLI Design and Video Technology, pp.169-174, 2005.
- V. N. Vapnik, The nature of statistical learning theory, Springer-Verlag, 1995.
- 이경미, "가상공간에서 동작을 이용한 체감형 게임 인터페이스 설계", 한국컴퓨터게임학회논문지, 제24권, 제1호, pp.133-144, 2011.
- H. Kang, C. Lee, and K. Jung, "Reco gnition-based gesture spotting in video games," Pattern Recognition Letters, Vol.25, No.15, pp.1701-1714, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patrec.2004.06.016
- C. Chang and C. Lin, LIBSVM: a library for support vector machines, Software Available at: http://www.csie.ntu.edu.tw/wcjlin/libsvm.