- Volume 13 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effects of Risk Characteristic and Risk Perception on Risk Severity of Natural Disaster
자연재해에 대한 위험특성과 위험인식이 위험심각성에 미치는 효과
- Received : 2013.02.06
- Accepted : 2013.03.05
- Published : 2013.04.28
This study was to examine the effects of risk characteristic and risk perception on risk severity of natural disaster. The findings showed that the risk severity of natural disaster were classified into geographical disaster, storm and flood damage, drought damage. Typhoon among storm and flood damage showed high scores on risk severity of natural disaster. Moreover participants showed high scores on unfamiliar, undiscoverable, and unknown by scientific knowledge among risk characteristic of natural disaster. Second, risk characteristic was significantly correlated to risk perception. Third, risk characteristic influenced positively on risk severity of natural disaster. Especially, risk characteristic had great effect on storm and flood damage among natural disaster. Fourth, risk perception influenced positively on risk severity of natural disaster. Especially, risk perception had great effect on storm and flood damage among natural disaster.
Natural Disaster;Risk Characteristic;Risk Perception;Risk Severity
- M. Dilley, R. S. Chen, U. Deichmann, A. L. Lerner-Lam, M. Arnold, J. Agwe, P. Buys, O. Kjekstad, B. Lyon, and G. Yetman, "Natural disaster hotspots: A global risk analysis," The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development/The World Bank and Columbia University, 2005.
- D. Xiaoyan and L. Xiaofei, "2012 international symposium on safety science and technology conceptual model on regional natural disaster risk assessment," Procedia Engineering, Vol.45, pp.96-100, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2012.08.127
- A. Varley, "Disasters: From the exceptional to the every day," In Disasters, development and environment. Chichester: John Wiley, 1994.
- 차용진, "위험인식모형과 원자력위험: 심리측정패러다임 검증 및 적용", 한국정책학보, 제21권, 제1호, pp.285-312, 2012.
- 송해룡, 김원제 엮음, 위험커뮤니케이션과 위험수용, 서울: 커뮤니케이션북스, 2005.
- P. Slovic, B. Fischhoff, and S. Lichtenstein, "Behavioral decision theory perspectives on risk and safety," Acta Psychologica, Vol.56, pp.183-203, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-6918(84)90018-0
- P. Slovic and E. Peters, "Risk perception and affect," Current Directions in Psychological Science, Vol.15, No.6, pp.322-325, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8721.2006.00461.x
- E. Yamamura, "Experience of technological and natural disasters and their impact on the perceived risk of nuclear accidents after the Fukushima nuclear disaster in Japan 2011: A cross-country analysis," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Vol.41, pp.360-363, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socec.2012.04.002
- W. K. Viscusi and R. J. Zeckhauser, "National survey evidence on disasters and relief: Risk beliefs, self-interest and compassion," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Vol.33, pp.13-36, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11166-006-0169-6
- R. Zeckhauser, "The economics of catastrophes," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Vol.12, pp.113-140, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00055789
- 서보윤, "디지털사회의 위험커뮤니케이션", 서울: KT문화재단, 2006.
- D. Bem, "The winding passage: Essays and sociological journeys, 1960-1980," Cambridge: Abt, 1980, 서규환 역, 정보화사회와 문화의 미래, 서울: 디자인하우스, 1996.
- 조항민, 디지털미디어 등장과 새로운 위험유형에 관한 연구: 스마트폰의 위험특성과 이용자 위험인식분석을 중심으로, 성균관대학교 대학원 박사학위논문, 2011.
- L Zhong, L. Liu, and Y. Liu, "International conference on agricultural risk and food security 2010 natural disaster risk assessment of grain production in dongting lake area, china," Agriculture and Agricultural Science Procedia, Vol.1, pp.24-32, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aaspro.2010.09.004
- J. Bogardi and J. Birkman, "Vulnerability assessment: The first step towards sustainable risk reduction," In Malzahn, D., Plapp, T. (Eds.), Disaster and Society: From hazard assessment to risk reduction, Berlin: Logos Verlag, pp.75-82, 2004.
- E. Planas, J. Arnaldos, B. Silvetti, A. Vallee, and J. Casal, "A risk severity index for industrial plants and sites," Journal of Hazardous Materials, Vol.130, pp.242-250, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2005.07.015
- T. A. Morton and J. M. Duck, "Communication and health beliefs: Mass and interpersonal influences on perceptions of risk to self and others," Communication Research, Vol.28, No.5, pp.602-626, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1177/009365001028005002
- M. Kahn, "Environmental disasters as risk regulation catalysts? The role of bhopal, chernobyl, exxon valdez, love canal, and three mile island in shaping U.S. environmental law," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Vol.35, No.1, pp.17-43, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11166-007-9016-7
- 김형섭, "자연재해에 의한 2차 환경피해의 국내법적 대응", 환경법연구, 제34권, 제1호, pp.59-94, 2012.
- 국가재난정보센터, "2013년 1월 재난종합상황 분석 및 전망", 2012.
- 송해룡, 김원제, 정세일, "과학기술 위험에 대한인지 및 태도: 전자파 위험을 중심으로", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제10권, 제5호, pp.436-445, 2010.
- P. Slovic, B. Fischhoff, and S. Lichtenstein, "Characterizing perceived risk," In R. W. Kates, C. Hohenemser, & J. X. Kasperson (Eds.), Perilous progress: Managing the hazards of technology (pp.91-125), Boulder, CO: Westview, 1985.
- R. R. Ulmer, "Effective crisis management through established stakeholder relationshipmalden mills as a case study," Management Communication Quarterly, Vol.14, No.4, pp.590-615, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1177/0893318901144003
- J. S. Lerner, R. M. Gonzalez, D. A. Small, and B. Fischhoff, "Effects of fear and anger on perceived risks of terrorism: A national field experiment," Psychological Science, Vol.14, pp.144-150, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-9280.01433
- J. S. Lerner and D. Keltner, "Beyond valence: Toward a model of emotion-specific influences on judgement and choice," Cognition & Emotion, Vol.14, pp.473-493, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1080/026999300402763
- Effect of Education of Natural Disaster on Eco-friendly Attitude of Children in Integrated Class in the Lower Grades in Elementary School vol.13, pp.11, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.11.1004
Supported by : 한국연구재단