- Volume 13 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Influence of Microhardness and Mineral Content on Fluoride Materials Containing Low Concentration with Sodium Fluoride
저농도의 불화나트륨을 함유한 불소제제가 치질의 강도와 화학적 성분에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2013.02.21
- Accepted : 2013.03.05
- Published : 2013.04.28
The purpose of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of gargle and toothpaste containing low concentration with sodium fluoride on the remineralization through the surface microhardness and mineral content in enamel. After 4 weeks-application, the enamel surface was measured using microhardness tester and the calcium (Ca) and phosphorous (P) concentration of mineral content by electron probe microanalyzer (EPMA) analysis. By combining fluoridated gargle with toothpaste, a remineralized enamel resulted in significantly significant differences among the four groups (p<0.05). The Ca change treated with 0.23% fluoridated toothpaste and 0.02% fluoridated gargle with 0.23% toothpaste demonstrated the highest among the other groups. In conclusion. the fluoridated gargle with toothpaste by low concentration showed a significantly greatest synergistic effect on remineralization of the enamel than the other groups.
Fluoridated Gargle;Fluoridated Toothpaste;Remineralization;Microhardness;Mineral Content
- D. W. Bartlett, B. G. Smith, R. F. Wilson, Comparison of the effect of fluoride and non-fluoride toothpaste on tooth wear in vitro and the influence of enamel fluoride concentration and hardness of enamel. Br Dent J, Vol.176, No.9, pp.346-348, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.bdj.4808450
- 이영은, 백혜진, 정성화, 김종화, 김혜영, 최연희, 송근배. 시판 불소도포제제들의 법랑질 내산성 증진효과, 대한구강보건학회지, 제33권, 제1호, pp.19-29, 2009.
- J. B. Ammari, Z. H. Baqain, P. F. Ashley, Effects of programs for prevention of early childhood caries, A systematic review, Med Princ Pract, Vol.16, No.6, pp.437-442, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1159/000107748
- H. Yamazaki and H. C. Margolis, Enhanced enamel remineralization under acidic conditions in vitro, J Dent Res, Vol.87, No.6, pp.569-574, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1177/154405910808700612
- S. Joyston-Bechal, R. Duckworth, and M. Braden, Diffusion of radioactive ions into human dental enamel, Arch oral Biol, Vol.16, No.4. pp.375-384, 1971.
- D. J. White, W. C. Chen, G. H. Nancollas, Kinetic and physical aspects of enamel remineralization-a constant composition study, Caries Res, Vol.22, No.1, pp.11-19, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1159/000261077
- T. Koulourides, Summary of session II: fluoride and the caries process, J Dent Res, Vol.69, special issue, p.558, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1177/00220345900690S111
- Y. E. Lee, H. J. Baek, Y. H. Choi, S. H. Jeong, Y. D. Park, and K. B. Song, Comparison of remineralization effect of three topical fluoride regimens on enamel initial carious lesions, J Dent, Vol.38, No.2, pp.166-171, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jdent.2009.10.002
- S. J. Hong, S. S. Jeong, and K. B. Song, Effects of sanguinaria in fluoride-containing dentifrices on the remineralisation of subsurface carious lesion in vitro, Int Dent J, Vol.55, No.3, pp.128-132, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1875-595X.2005.tb00309.x
- J. S. Wefel, Effects of fluoride on caries development and progression using intra-oral models, J Dent Res, Vol.69, pp.626-633, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1177/00220345900690S122
- R. E. Corpron, F. G. More, J. W. Clark, D. Korytnicki, and C. J. Kowalski, In vivo remineralization of artificial enamel lesions by a fluoride dentifrice or mouthrinse, Caries Res, Vol.20, No.1, pp.48-55, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1159/000260919
- 김은경, 전태훈, 김창연, 남승원, 송 경, 이상길, 김윤중, 생쥐 치아의 화학적 조성, 미세구조 및 Hydroxyapatite구조 분석, 전자현미경학회지, 제 40권, 제3호, pp.147-54, 2010.
- D. J. White, Reactivity of fluoride dentifrices with artificial caries, Caries Res, Vol.22, No.2, pp.27-36, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1159/000261079
- F. Feagin, T. Koulourides, and W. Pigman, The characterization of enamelsurface demineralization, remineralization, and associated hardness changes in human and bovine material, Archs Oral Biol, Vol.14, No.12, pp.1407-1417, 1969. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-9969(69)90258-1
- M. Addy, Etiology and clinical implications of dentine hypersensitivity, Dent Clin North Am, Vol.34, No.3, pp.503-514, 1990.
- J. D. Featherstone, T. W. Cutress, B. E. Rodgers, and P. J. Dennison, Remineralization of artificial caries-like lesions in vivo by a self-administered mouthrinse or paste, Caries Res, Vol.16, No.3, pp.235-242, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1159/000260603
- T. B. Gelhard, J. M. ten Cate, and J. Arends, Rehardening of artificial enamel lesions in vivo, Caries Res, Vol.13, No.2, pp.80-83, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1159/000260387
- L. Gorelick, A. M. Geiger, and A. J. Gwinnett, "Incidence of white spot formation after bonding and banding, Am J Orthod, Vol.81, No.2, pp.93-98, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1016/0002-9416(82)90032-X
- T. Attin, W. Buchalla, M. Gollner, and E. Hellwig, "Use of variable remineralization periods to improve the abrasion resistance of previously eroded enamel," Caries Res, Vol.34, No.1, pp.48-52, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1159/000016569
- A. Lussi, T. Jaeggi, and S. Jaeggi-Scharer, "Prediction of the erosive potential of some beverages," Caries Res, Vol.29, No.5, pp.349-54, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1159/000262091
- J. M. Ten Cate, and T. Imfeld, "Dental erosion, summary," Eur J Oral Sci, Vol.104, No.2, pp.241-244, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0722.1996.tb00073.x
- T. Imfeld, "Nutrition and dental caries. Non-cariogenic between-meal snacks and sweets: a marketplace for small and average-size businesses in the food industry," Swiss Dent, Vol.4, No.9, pp.6-10, 1983.
- A. Lussi and M. Schaffner, "Progression of and risk factors for dental erosion and wedge-shaped defects over a 6-year period," Caries Res, Vol.34, No.2, pp.182-187, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1159/000016587
- E. Linkosalo and H, Markkanen, "Dental erosion in relation to lactovegetarian diet," Scand J Dent Res, Vol.93, No.5, pp.436-441, 1985.
- D. T. Zero, "Etiology of dental erosion-extrinsic factors," Eur J Oral Sci, Vol.104, pp.162-177, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0722.1996.tb00065.x
- A. Thylstrup and O. Fejerskov, Textbook of clinical cariology, 2nd ed. Copenhagen: Munksgaard, pp.111-158, 1994.
- K. F. Mckay, The study of mottled enamel (dental fluorosis), J Am Dent Assoc, Vol.44, No.2, pp.133-137, 1952.