- Volume 62 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Case Study of Second Harmonic Generation under Nonlinear Load and Second Harmonic Elimination Method Based on Impedance Variation Scheme
비선형 부하 이차 고조파 발생 실증사례 분석 및 임피던스 변동 기법을 통한 이차 고조파 저감 기법
- Bang, Heegyun (Samsung Co.,Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Sikyung (Department of Electrical Engineering, Kongu National University)
- Received : 2013.03.15
- Accepted : 2013.04.11
- Published : 2013.05.01
This paper presents an second harmonic elimination method based on the impedance variation scheme. Through the power quality analysis from the nonlinear loads connected on the power system, the second harmonic problems have been analyzed with a case study analysis and the experiments. In the paper, the second Harmonic generation was simulated with a single phase SCR rectifier and the analytical model is proposed for the second harmonic generation. A novel impedance variation scheme is proposed and analyzed to eliminate the second harmonic. The experiment has been performed on the 60(MVA) industry manufacturing plant. The experimental result demonstrates the proposed impedance variation scheme successfully operate on the 60(MVA) industry manufacturing plant.
Supported by : Small and Medium Business Administration
- Y. Kim, 2005, "ABB Active Filter", KIEE Electric Apparatus Committee Conference Proceeding, pp. 111-121
- H. Bang, 2012, "Second Harmonic Elimination Scheme for Industry Plant", KIEE Power Engineering Conference Proceeding, pp.246-249
- IEEE Std 519-1992, IEEE Recommended Practices and Requirements for Harmonic Control in Electrical Power Systems, New York, NY: IEEE.
- IEEE Std 519 Working Group Website, http://grouper.ieee_org/groups/519
- P. Jee, 2012, "Power Quality Analysis Based on measurement for High Power Plant", KIEE Trans., pp.82-86
- S. Yoo, 2002, "Techniques for Power Protection System", Kidari Press, pp.135-148
- S. Lee, 2010,"Harmonics Analysis and Elimination Scemes with Short Current Technique", Kidari Press, pp.122-132
- J. Lee, 2010,"Case Study of Harmonics Analysis and Elimination Schemes", Sungandang Press, pp.97-118
- Y. Jung, 2010,"New Electric Apparutus Handbook No.4", Yeeje Electric Apparatus Press
- H. Choi, 2010," Power Equipment and Apparutus with IEC Standard", Sungandang Press, pp103-112
- C. Melhorn, T. Davis, G. Beam, 1998, "Voltage Sags: Their Impact on the Utility and Industrial Customers", in IEEE IA Trans. on Ind. Appl., Vol. 34, No. 3, pp.549-558 https://doi.org/10.1109/28.673725
- G. Joos, L. Morán, 1998, "Principles of Active Power Filters", Tutorial Course Note. of IEEE Ind. Appl. Society Annual Meeting
- H. Akagi, 1996, "New Trends in Active Filters for Power Conditioning," in IEEE Trans. on Industry Applications, vol. 32, no. 6, pp.1312-1322 https://doi.org/10.1109/28.556633
- J. K. Phipps, J.P. Nelson, P. K. Sen, 1994, "Power Quality and Harmonic Distortion on Distribution Systems", IEEE Trans. on Ind. Appl., vol. 30, No 2, pp.176-184
- J.H. Galloway, "Harmonic Instability in Phase Controlled Rectifiers," IEEE PCIC conf. record 1999, pp. 171-175.
- A. H. Hoevenaars, "The Answer to Harmonics: Is it Mitigation or a Robust Transformer?", CEE News, The Power Quality Advisor, pp PQ14-17, February 2000.
- I. C. Evans, ""Methods of Mitigation"", Middle East Electricity, pp 25-26, December 2002
- S.P. Kennedy, ""Design and Application of Semiconductor Rectifier Transformers", IEEE PCIC conf. 2001 record pp.153-159.