- Volume 26 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effects of Vacuum Heat Treatment and Salt bath Heat Treatment Conditions on Mechanical Properties of High Speed tool Steel
금속도 공구강의 기계적 성질에 미치는 진공열처리와 염욕열처리 조건의 영향
- Kim, Je-Don (Division of Advanced Materials Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Kim, Kyung-Sik (Division of Advanced Materials Engineering, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2012.10.03
- Accepted : 2013.01.13
- Published : 2013.01.30
Vacuum heat treatment(indirect heating method) has long exposure time at high temperature and low quenching rate. Contrarily salt bath heat treatment (direct heating method) has short exposure time at high temperature and fast cooling rate. With these different features of processes, mechanical properties such as hardness, tensile strength and impact strength of products show very different results. In this study, Salt bath heat treated products showed higher tensile strength and impact strength than vacuum heat treated products but hardness was not much different. These lower mechanical properties of vacuum heat treated products are due to differences in heat process and secondary hardening with high temperature tempering process. Consequently, It indicates that salt bath heat treatment is better way than vacuum heat treatment for product to have high mechanical properties.
- 日本熱處理技術協會 : 金屬 熱處理技術 便覽 日刊工 業新聞社 (2000) 471-473.
- 特殊鋼 ガイド編纂委員會 : 特殊鋼 俱樂部 (1977) 150-152.
- Harry chandler : Heat Treatter.s Guide. ASM (2001) 639-647.
- Compiled by consulting : Tool and Die Failures, ASM (1982) 471-473.
- 大和久重雄 : ハイスの熱處理ノ一ト (1993) 99-140.
- 김문일 : 熱處理 가이드 북 工具鋼의 熱處理 (1994) 261-301.
- 한봉희 : 金屬材料 (2011) 393-434.
- 洪英煥 : 鋼의 熱處理 實務 (1996) 225-257.