- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Modified Direct Torque Control using Algorithm Control of Stator Flux Estimation and Space Vector Modulation Based on Fuzzy Logic Control for Achieving High Performance from Induction Motors
- Rashag, Hassan Farhan (Dept. of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Universiti Tenaga Nasional) ;
- Koh, S.P. (Dept. of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Universiti Tenaga Nasional) ;
- Abdalla, Ahmed N. (Faculty of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University Malaysia Pahang) ;
- Tan, Nadia M.L. (Dept. of Electrical Power Engineering, Universiti Tenaga Nasional) ;
- Chong, K.H. (Dept. of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Universiti Tenaga Nasional)
- Received : 2012.11.02
- Published : 2013.05.20
Direct torque control based on space vector modulation (SVM-DTC) protects the DTC transient merits. Furthermore, it creates better quality steady-state performance in a wide speed range. The modified method of DTC using SVM improves the electrical magnitudes of asynchronous machines, such as minimizing the stator current distortions, the stator flux with electromagnetic torque without ripple, the fast response of the rotor speed, and the constant switching frequency. In this paper, the proposed method is based on two new control strategies for direct torque control with space vector modulation. First, fuzzy logic control is used instead of the PI torque and a PI flux controller to minimizing the torque error and to achieve a constant switching frequency. The voltages in the direct and quadratic reference frame (
- I. Takahashi and T. Noguchi, "A new quick-response and high efficiency control strategy of an induction machine," IEEE Trans. Ind. Applicat, Vol. 22, pp. 820-827.Oct,1986.
- T. Brahmananda Reddy, B. Kalyan Reddy, J. Amarnath, D. Subba Rayudu, and Md. Haseeb Khan, "Sensorless direct torque control of induction motor based on hybrid space vector pulsewidth modulation to reduce ripples and switching losses - A variable structure controller approach," IEEE Power India Conference, Apr. 2006.
- T. G. Habetler and D. M. Divan, "Control strategies for direct torque control using discrete pulse modulation," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl, vol. 27, No. 5, pp.893-901, Sep./Oct. 1991. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.90344
- D. Casadei, G. Grandi, G. Serra, A. Tani, "Effects of flux and torque hysteresis band amplitude in direct torque control of induction machines," in 20th International Conference on Industrial Electronics Control and Instrumentation (IECON), Vol. 1, pp. 299-304, 1994.
- Y. S. Lai and J. H. Chen, "A new approach to direct torque control of induction motor drives for constant inverter switching frequency and torque ripple reduction," IEEE Trans. Energy Convers. Vol. 16, No. 3, pp.220-227, Sep. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/60.937200
- C. Lascu, I. Boldea, and F. Blaabjerg, "A modified direct torque control for induction motor sensorless drive," IEEE Trans. Ind. Applicat., Vol. 36, No. 1, pp. 122-130, Jan. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.821806
- S. A. Mir, M. E. Elbuluk, and D. S. Zinger, "Fuzzy implementation of direct self-control of induction machines," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl. Vol. 30, No. 3, pp. 729-735, May/Jun. 1994. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.293723
- A. Arias, J. L. Romeral, E. Aldabas, and M. G. Jayne, "Fuzzy logic direct torque control," in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE), Vol. 1, pp. 253-258, 2000.
- L. Romeral, A. Arias, E. Aldabas, and Marcel G. Jayne, "Novel direct torque control (DTC) scheme with fuzzy adaptive torque-ripple reduction," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron, Vol. 50, No. 3, pp.487-492, Jun.2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2003.812352
- J. Rodriguez, J. Pontt, S. Kouro, and P. Correa, "Direct torque control with imposed switching frequency in an 11-level cascaded inverter," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 51, No. 4, pp. 827-833, Aug. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2004.831733
- K. Lee, S. H. Huh, and J. Y. Yoo, "Performance improvement of DTC for induction motor-fed by three-level inverter with an uncertainty observer using RBFN," IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., Vol. 20 , No. 2, pp. 276-283, Jun. 2005 https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2005.845542
- Y. Sayouti, A. Abbou, M. Akherraz, and H. Mahmoudi, "Real-time DSP implementation of DTC neural network-based for induction motor drive," 5th IET International Conference on Power Electronics, Machines and Drives (PEMD 2010), pp. 1-5, Apr. 2010.
- M. Hajian, J. Soltani, G. A. Markadeh, and S. Hosseinnia, "Adaptive nonlinear direct torque control of sensorless im drives with efficiency optimization," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 57, No. 3, pp. 975-985, Mar. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2029592
- G. H. B. Foo and M. F. Rahman, "Direct torque control of an IPM-synchronous motor drive at very low speed using a sliding-mode stator flux observer," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 25, No. 4, pp-933-942, Apr. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2009.2036354
- L. Jian, L. He, T. Wan, and C. Yu, "Efficiency-optimized space-vector-modulation direct torque control for AC motor drives," International Conference on Power Electronics and Drive Systems, pp. 348-353, Jan. 2010.
- E. S. Sergaki, "Motor flux minimization controller based on fuzzy logic control for DTC AC drives," XIX International Conference on Electrical Machines (ICEM), pp. 1-6, Sep. 2010.
- A. Draou and A. Miloudi, "A simplified speed controller for direct torque neuro fuzzy controlled induction machine drive based on a variable gain PI controller," 4th International Power Engineering and Optimization Conference (PEOCO), pp. 533-538, 2010.
- N. Rumzi Nik Idris, and A. Mohamed Yatim, "Direct torque control of induction machines with constant switching frequency and reduced torque ripple," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 51, No. 4, pp. 758-767, Aug. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2004.831718
- B. Metidji, F. Tazrart, A. Azib, N. Taib, and T. Rekioua, "A new fuzzy direct torque control strategy for induction machine based on indirect matrix converter," International Journal of Research and Reviews in Computing Engineering , Vol. 1, No.1, pp. 18-22, Mar. 2011.
- C. B. Jabeur-Sedick and F. Fnaiech, "Fuzzy inference system based direct torque control," Proceedings of the 4th WSEAS International Conference on Non-linear Analysis, Non-linear Systems, pp. 103-108, 2005.
- A. Lokriti, Y. Zidani, and S. Doubabi, "Fuzzy logic control contribution to the direct torque and flux control of an induction machine," IEEE International Conference on multimedia Computing and Systems, pp. 1-6, Jul. 2011.
- S. M. Gadoue, D. Giaouris, and J. W. Finch "Modified direct torque control method for induction motor drives based on amplitude and angle control of stator flux," Electric Power Systems Research, Vol. 81, No. 10, pp. 1712-1718, Jul. 2008
- Y. S. Lai and J. C. Lin, "New hybrid fuzzy controller for direct torque control induction motor drives," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 1211-1215, Sep. 2003.
- L. Romeral, A. Arias, E. Aldabas, and M. G. Jayne ,"Novel direct torque control (DTC) scheme with fuzzy adaptive torque-ripple reduction," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 50, No. 3, pp. 487-492, Jun. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2003.812352
- J. Zhang and M. F. Rahman "Analysis and design of a novel direct flux control scheme for induction machine," IEEE International Conference on Electric Machines and Drives, pp.426-430, May 2005.
- A. Abbou, Y. Sayouti, H. Mahmoudi, and M. Akherraz, "Fuzzy inference system based direct torque control," IEEE in Control and Automation,pp.1121-1126, Aug. 2010.
- J. Wang, H. Wang, X. L. Yuan, and T. H. Lu, "Novel intelligent direct torque control for permanent magnet synchronous motor drive," IEEE on Fuzzy System and Knowledge Discovery, pp. 226-230, Nov. 2008.
- N. Mahendran and G. Gurusamy, "Reduction of Torque and Speed Pulsation in Direct Torque control of Large Induction Motor Using Fuzzy Logic Controller," European Journal of Scientific Research, Vol. 48, No. 4, pp. 559-566, 2011.
- D. Casadei, G. Serra, and K. Tani, "Implementation of a direct torque control algorithm for induction motors based on discrete space vector modulation," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 769-777, Jul. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.849048
- Y. Zhang, J. Zhu, Z. Zhao, W. Xu, and D. G. Dorrell, "An improved direct torque control for three-level inverter-fed induction motor sensorless drive," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 1502-1513, Mar. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2010.2043543
- Y. Kumsuwana, S. Premrudeepreechacharna, and H. A. Toliyat, "Modified direct torque control method for induction motor drives based on amplitude and angle control of stator flux," Electric Power Systems Research, pp. 1712-1718, Feb. 2008.
- A. Sivasubramanian and B. Jayanand, "Application of neural network structure in voltage vector selection of direct torque control induction moto," International Journal of mechanics and Thermodynamics, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 71-80, 2010.
- Z. Li .and Y. Ruan. "A novel control method based on wavelet neural networks for direct torque control in induction motor drives," International conference on Electrical machines and system, pp. 3967-3972, 2009.
- High-Performance Control of High-Speed Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Based on Least Squares Support Vector Machine Inverse System Method vol.45, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1080/15325008.2016.1231245
- Feed-Forward Approach in Stator-Flux-Oriented Direct Torque Control of Induction Motor with Space Vector Pulse-Width Modulation vol.16, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2016.16.3.994
- A Review of the Methods for Improving the Efficiency of Drive Motors to Meet IE4 Efficiency Standards vol.14, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2014.14.5.842
- A Novel Tuning Method of PID Controller for a BLDC Motor based on Segmentation of Firefly Algorithm vol.10, pp.6, 2017, https://doi.org/10.17485/ijst/2017/v10i6/111209
- Review of recent advancements of direct torque control in induction motor drives – a decade of progress vol.11, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-pel.2017.0252
- Improved control strategy of DFIG-based wind turbines using direct torque and direct power control techniques vol.10, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5023739