- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Systematic Current Control Strategy with Pole Assignment for Grid-Connected LCL-Filtered Inverters
- Xu, Jinming (College of Automation Engineering, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics) ;
- Xie, Shaojun (College of Automation Engineering, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics) ;
- Tang, Ting (College of Automation Engineering, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics)
- Received : 2012.08.26
- Published : 2013.05.20
For grid-connected LCL-filtered inverters, resonance yields instability and low bandwidth. As a result, careful designs are required. This paper presents a systematic current control structure, where pole assignment consisting of one or more feedbacks is the inner loop, and the outer loop is the direct grid current control. Several other issues are discussed, such as the inner-loop feedback choices, pole-assignment algorithms, robustness and harmonic rejection. Generally, this kind of strategy has three different types according to the inner-loop feedback choices. Among them, a novel pole-assignment algorithm has been proposed, where the inner control maintains four freely-assigned poles which are just two pairs of conjugated poles located at the fundamental and resonance frequencies separately. It has been found that with the different types, the steady-state and dynamic performances are quite different. Finally, simulations and experiments have been provided to verify the control and design of the proposed methods.
- F. Golnaraghi and B. C. Kuo, Automatic control systems, John Willey&Sons, chap. 5, 9th edn. 2009
- H. Xiao, S. Xie, Y. Chen, and R. Huang, "An optimized transformerless photovoltaic grid-connected inverter." IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 58, No.5, pp. 1887-1895, May 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2010.2054056
- M. Liserre, A. Dell'Aquila, and F. Blaabjerg, "Genetic algorithm-based design of the active damping for an LCL-filter three-phase active rectifier," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 76-86, Jan. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2003.820540
- A. Xu, Z. Xu, S. Xie, and M. Zou, "Study on dual-loop grid current control strategy for grid-connected inverter with an LCL-filter" in Proc. IEEE ICIEA, pp. 3200-3203, 2009.
- F. Liu, Y. Zhou, S. Duan, J. Yin, B. Liu, and F. Liu, "Parameter design of a two-current-loop controller used in a grid-connected inverter system with LCL filter," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 56, No. 11, pp. 4483-4491, Nov. 2010.
- X. Wang, X. Ruan, S. Liu, and C. K. Tse, "Full feedforward of grid voltage for grid-connected inverter with LCL filter to suppress current distortion due to grid voltage harmonics," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 25, No. 12, pp. 3119-3127, Dec. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2010.2077312
- J. Dannehl, F. Fuchs, S. Hansen, and P. Thoersen, "Investigation of active damping approaches for PI-based current control of grid-connected PWM converters with LCL filters," in Proc. IEEE ECCE, pp. 2998-3005, 2009.
- H. Kim, T. Yu, and S. Choi, "Indirect current control algorithm for utility interactive inverters in distributed generation systems," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 23, No. 3, pp. 1342-1347, May 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2008.920879
- M. Malinowski and S. Bernet, "A simple voltage sensorless active damping strategy for three-phase PWM converters with an LCL filter," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 55, No. 4, pp. 1876-1880, Apr. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.917066
- J. Dannehl, F. W. Fuchs, and S. Hansen, "PI state space current control of grid-connected PWM converters with LCL filters," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 25, No. 9, pp. 2320-2330, Sep. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2010.2047408
- G. Shen, X. Zhu, J. Zhang, and D. Xu, "A new feedback method for PR current control of LCL-filter-based grid-connected inverter," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 57, No. 6, pp. 2033-2041, Jun. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2010.2040552
- R. Teodorescu, F. Blaabjerg, U. Borup, and M. Liserre, "A new control structure for grid-connected LCL PV inverters with zero steady-state error and selective harmonic compensation," in Proc. IEEE APEC, pp. 580-586, 2004.
- M. Castilla, J. Miret, J. Matas, L. Garcia de Vicuna, and J. M. Guerrero, "Control design guidelines for single-phase grid-connected photovoltaic inverters with damped resonant harmonic compensators," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 56, No. 11, pp. 4492-4501, Nov. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2017820
- Y. Tang, P. C. Loh, P. Wang, F. H. Choo, F. Gao, and F. Blaabjerg, "Generalized design of high performance shunt active power filter with output LCL filter," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 59, No. 3, pp. 1443-1452, Mar. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2011.2167117
- S. J. Mason, "Feedback theory - some properties of signal flow graphs," Proceedings of the IRE, Vol. 41, No. 9, pp. 1144-1156, Sep. 1953. https://doi.org/10.1109/JRPROC.1953.274449
- S. J. Mason, "Feedback theory - further properties of signal flow graphs," Proceedings of the IRE, Vol. 44, No. 7, pp. 920-926, Jul. 1956 https://doi.org/10.1109/JRPROC.1956.275147
- F. Blaabjerg, R. Teodorescu, M. Liserre, and A. Timbus, "Overview of control and grid synchronization for distributed power generation systems," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 53, No. 5, pp. 1398-1409, Oct. 2006.
- M. Liserre, F. Blaabjerg, and S. Hansen, "Design and control of an LCL-filter-based three-phase active rectifier," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 41, No. 5, pp. 1281-1291, Sep./Oct. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2005.853373
- X. Guo, X. You, X. Li, R. Hao, and D. Wang, "Design method for the LCL filters of three-phase voltage source PWM rectifiers," Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 559-566, Jul. 2012. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2012.12.4.559
- M. Liserre, R. Teodorescu, and F. Blaabjerg, "Stability of photovoltaic and wind turbine grid-connected inverters for a large set of grid impedance values," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 263-272, Jan. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2005.861185
- J. Dannehl, C. Wessels, and F. Fuchs, "Limitations of voltage-oriented pi current control of grid-connected PWM rectifiers with LCL filters," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 56, No. 2, pp. 380-388, Feb. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.2008774
- Stability Analysis and Improvement of the Capacitor Current Active Damping of the LCL Filters in Grid-Connected Applications vol.16, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2016.16.4.1565
- Application of a C-Type Filter Based LCFL Output Filter to Shunt Active Power Filters vol.13, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2013.13.6.1058
- LCL-resonance damping strategies for grid-connected inverters with LCL filters: a comprehensive review 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s40565-017-0319-7