- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Key Application Technologies of High Efficiency Power Quality Control Systems
- Liu, Ding-Guo (College of Electrical and Information Engineering, Hunan University) ;
- Shuai, Zhi-Kang (College of Electrical and Information Engineering, Hunan University) ;
- Tu, Chun-Ming (College of Electrical and Information Engineering, Hunan University) ;
- Cheng, Ying (Maintenance Company, Hunan Electric Power Corporation) ;
- Luo, An (College of Electrical and Information Engineering, Hunan University)
- Received : 2012.06.18
- Published : 2013.05.20
Large capacity reactive power compensation and harmonic control in the low-voltage grid of an enterprise, are important technical means to improve power quality and reduce power loss. In this paper, the principle of an efficient power quality controller is analyzed. Then, key application technologies of the HPQC which would influence the performances of the HPQC are studied. Based on an analysis of the harmonic shunt problem, a frequency dividing control strategy of the HPQC continuous subsystem is proposed. A parameter design method of the HPQC discrete subsystem and its installation method are also proposed to ensure the system compensation effect. HPQC systems have been designed for a copper foil plant. The effectiveness of this paper has been verified by the simulation and application results.
- A. Luo, Z. Shuai, W. Zhu, and Z. J. Shen, "Combined system for harmonic suppression and reactive power compensation," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 56, No.2, pp. 418-428, Feb. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.2008357
- Z. Shuai, A. Luo, Z. J. Shen, W. Zhu, Z. Lv, and C. Wu, "A dynamic hybrid var compensator and a two-level collaborative optimization compensation method," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 24 No. 9, pp. 2091-2100, Sep. 2009.
- W. Shireen and L. Tao, "A DSP-based active power filter for low voltage distribution systems," IEEE Trans. Power Electro., Vol. 78, No.9, pp. 1561-1567, Sep. 2008.
- O. Vodyakho and C. C. Mi, "Three-level inverter-based shunt active power filter in three-phase three-wire and four-wire systems," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 24, No.5, pp. 1350-1363, May 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2009.2016663
- S. S. Patnaik and A. K. Panda "Comparison of current harmonic compensation capability of APF with two control strategies in 3-phase 4-wire system employing Bacterial foraging optimization," India Conference (INDICON), 2011 Annual IEEE, pp.1-6, 2011.
- P. Dang, J. Petzoldt, and T. Ellinger, "Stability analysis of multi-parallel APF systems," Power Electronics and Applications (EPE 2011), Proceedings of the 2011-14th European Conference on, pp.1-8, 2011.
- S. Fukuda and R. Imamura, "Application of a sinusoidal internal model to current control of three-phase utility-interface converters," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 52, No. 2, pp.420-426, Apr. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2005.843914
- A. Khaligh, J. R. Wells, P. L. Chapman, and P. T. Krein, "Dead-time distortion in generalized selective harmonic control," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 23, No. 3, pp. 1511-1517, May. 2009.
- G. K. Singh, A. K. Singh, and R. Mitra, "A simple fuzzy logic based robust active power filter for harmonics minimization under random load variation," Electric Power Systems Research, Vol. 77, No. 8, pp. 1101-1111, Jun. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2006.09.006
- D. Lijie, L. Yang, and M. Yiqun, "Comparison of high capacity SVC and STATCOM in real power grid," Intelligent Computation Technology and Automation (ICICTA), 2010 International Conference on., Vol. 1, pp. 993-997, 2010.
- K. M. Son, K. S. Moon, S. K. Lee, and J. K. Park, "Coordination of an SVC with a ULTC reserving compensation margin for emergency control," IEEE Trans. Power Del., Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 1193-1198, Jul. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/61.891502
- D. A. N. Jacobson and R. W. Menzies, "Comparison of thyristor switched capacitor and voltage source GTO inverter type compensators for single phase feeders," IEEE Trans. Power Del., Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 776 -781, Mar. 1992. https://doi.org/10.1109/61.127080
- Z. Jianhua, D. Guanping, X. Gang, Z. Jie, Z. Hui, and W. Shuying, "Design of the control system for thyristor switched capacitor devices," Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exposition, 2003 IEEE PES. Vol. 2, pp.606-610, 2003.
- A. D. Le Roux, H. D. T. Mouton, and H. Akagi, "DFT-Based repetitive control of a series active filter integrated with a 12-pulse diode rectifier," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 24, No. 6, pp. 1515-1521, Jun. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2009.2015882