- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Wireless Paralleled Control Strategy of Three-phase Inverter Modules for Islanding Distributed Generation Systems
- Guo, Zhiqiang (School of Automation, Beijing Institute of Technology) ;
- Sha, Deshang (School of Automation, Beijing Institute of Technology) ;
- Liao, Xiaozhong (School of Automation, Beijing Institute of Technology)
- Received : 2012.07.02
- Published : 2013.05.20
This paper presents a control strategy for distributed systems, which can be used in islanded microgrids. The control strategy is based on the droop method, which uses locally measured feedback to achieve load current sharing. Instead of the traditional droop method, an improved one is implemented. A virtual inductor in the synchronous frame for three-phase inverters is proposed to deal with the coupling of the frequency and the amplitude related to the active and reactive power. Compared with the traditional virtual inductor, the proposed virtual inductor is not affected by high frequency noises because it avoids differential calculations. A model is given for the distributed generation system, which is beneficial for the design of the droop coefficients and the value of the virtual inductor. The effectiveness of the proposed control strategy is verified by simulation and experiment results.
- Y. Mohamed and E. El-Saadany, "Adaptive decentralized droop controller to preserve power sharing stability of paralleled inverters in distributed generation microgrids," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 23, No. 6, pp. 2806-2816, Nov. 2008.
- Y. Li, D. M. Vilathgamuwa, and P. Loh, "Design, analysis, and real-time testing of a controller for multibus microgrid system," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 19, No. 5, pp. 1195- 1204, Sep. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2004.833456
- M. Marwali, J. Jung, and A. Keyhani, "Control of distributed generation systems-part II: load sharing control," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 19, No. 6, pp. 1551-1561, Nov. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2004.836634
- C. Chen, Y. Wang, J. Lai, Y. Lee, and D. Martin, "Design of parallel inverters for smooth mode transfer microgrid applications," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 25, No. 1, pp 6-15, Jan. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2009.2025864
- H. Cai, R. X. Zhao, and H. Yang, "Study on ideal operation status of parallel inverters," IEEE Trans. Power. Electron., Vol. 23, No. 6, pp. 2964 -2969, Nov.2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2008.2003358
- J. Guerrero, L. Vicuña, J. Matas, M. Castilla, and J. Miret, "A wireless controller to enhance dynamic performance of parallel inverters in distributed generation systems," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 19, No. 5, pp. 1205-1213, Sep. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2004.833451
- J. Guerrero, J. Vasquez, J. Matas, L. Vicuna, and M. Castilla, "Hierarchical control of droop-controlled AC and DC microgrids - A general approach toward standardization," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 58, No. 1, pp. 158-172, Jan. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2010.2066534
- J. Guerrero, J. Matas, L. Vicuña, M. Castilla, and J. Matas, "Decentralized control for parallel operation of distributed generation inverters using resistive output impedance," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 54, No. 2, pp. 994-1004, Apr. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2007.892621
- U. Borup, F. Blaabjerg, and P. Enjeti, "Sharing of nonlinear load in parallel-connected three-phase converters," IEEE Trans. Ind. Applicat., Vol. 37, No. 6 pp. 1817-1823, Nov. 2001.
- J. Guerrero, J. Matas, L. Vicuna, M. Castilla, J. Miret, "Wireless-control strategy for parallel operation of distributed-generation inverters," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 53, No. 5, pp. 1461-1470, Oct. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2006.882015
- J. Guerrero, J. Vásquez, J. Matas, M. Castilla, and L. Vicuna, "Control strategy for flexible microgrid based on parallel line-interactive ups systems," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 56, No. 3, pp. 1461-1470, Mar. 2009.
- J. Guerrero, L. Vicuña, J. Matas, M. Castilla, and J. Miret, "Output impedance design of parallel-connected UPS inverters with wireless load-sharing control," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 52, No. 4, pp. 1126-1135, Aug. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2005.851634
- D. De, and V. Ramanarayanan, "Decentralized parallel operation of inverters sharing unbalanced and nonlinear loads," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 25, No. 12, pp. 3015-3025, Dec. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2010.2068313
- X. Yu, Ashwin M. Khambadkone, H. Wang, and S. T. S. Terence, "Control of parallel-connected power converters for low-voltage microgrid - Part I: a hybrid control architecture," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol.25, No.12, pp.2962-2970, Dec. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2010.2087393
- Charles K. Sao, and Peter W. Lehn, "Autonomous load sharing of voltage source converters," IEEE Trans. Power Del., Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 1009-1016, Apr. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2004.838638
- J. Guerrero, L. Hang, and J. Uceda, "Control of distributed uninterruptible power supply systems," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 55, No. 8, pp. 2845-2859, Aug. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.924173
- A. Tuladhar, Hua Jin, T. Unger, and K. Mauch, "Control of parallel inverters in distributed AC power systems with consideration of line impedance effect," IEEE Trans. Ind. Applicat.,Vol. 36, No.1, Jan./Feb. 2000.
- Droop Method for High-Capacity Parallel Inverters in Islanded Mode Using Virtual Inductor vol.20, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.6113/TKPE.2015.20.1.81
- Parallel Operation of Microgrid Inverters Based on Adaptive Sliding-Mode and Wireless Load-Sharing Controls vol.15, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2015.15.3.741
- Current sharing in parallel connected boost converters 2016, https://doi.org/10.1049/joe.2016.0238
- Secondary Voltage Control for Reactive Power Sharing in an Islanded Microgrid vol.16, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2016.16.1.329
- A Droop Method for High Capacity Parallel Inverters Considering Accurate Real Power Sharing vol.16, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2016.16.1.38
- Control of Parallel Connected Three-Phase PWM Converters without Inter-Module Reactors vol.15, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2015.15.1.116