- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
New Control Strategy for Three-Phase Grid-Connected LCL Inverters without a Phase-Locked Loop
- Zhou, Lin (State Key Laboratory of Power Transmission Equipment & System Security and New Technology, Chongqing University) ;
- Yang, Ming (State Key Laboratory of Power Transmission Equipment & System Security and New Technology, Chongqing University) ;
- Liu, Qiang (State Key Laboratory of Power Transmission Equipment & System Security and New Technology, Chongqing University) ;
- Guo, Ke (State Key Laboratory of Power Transmission Equipment & System Security and New Technology, Chongqing University)
- Received : 2012.11.29
- Published : 2013.05.20
The three-phase synchronous reference frame phase-locked loop (SRF-PLL) is widely used for synchronization applications in power systems. In this paper, a new control strategy for three-phase grid-connected LCL inverters without a PLL is presented. According to the new strategy, a current reference can be generated by using the instantaneous power control scheme and the proposed positive-sequence voltage detector. Through theoretical analysis, it is indicated that a high-quality grid current can be produced by introducing the new control strategy. In addition, a kind of independent control for reactive power can be achieved under unbalanced and distorted grid conditions. Finally, the excellent performance of the proposed control strategy is validated by means of simulation and experimental results.
- X. Wang, J. M. Guerrero, F. Blaabjerg, and Z. Chen, "A review of power electronics based microgrids," Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 181-192, Jan. 2012. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2012.12.1.181
- S. Peng, A. Luo, Y. Chen, and Z. Lv, "Dual-loop power control for single-phase grid-connected converters with LCL filters," Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 456-463, July. 2011. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2011.11.4.456
- F. Blaabjerg, R. Teodorescu, M. Liserre, and A. V. Timbus, "Overview of control and grid synchronization for distributed power generation systems," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 53, No. 5, pp. 1398-1409, Oct. 2006.
- R. Inzunza, T. Sumiya, Y. Fujii, and E. Ikawa, "Parallel connection of grid-connected LCL inverters for MW-scaled photovoltaic systems," in Proc. IEEE IPEC, pp. 1988-1993, 2010.
- T. Noguchi, H. Tomiki, S. Kondo, and I. Takahashi, "Direct power control of PWM converter without power-source voltage sensors," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 34, No. 3, pp. 473-479, Mar./ Jun. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.673716
- D. Candusso, L. Valero, and A. Walter, "Modeling, control and simulation of a fuel cell based power supply system with energy management," in Proc. IEEE IECON, pp. 1294-1299, 2002.
- P. Mattavelli, G. Spiazzi, and P. Tenti, "Predictive digital control of power factor pre-regulators with input voltage estimation using disturbance observers," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 140-147, Jan. 2005.
- E. Twining and D. G. Holmes, "Grid current regulation of a three-phase voltage inverter with an LCL input filter," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 888-895, May 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2003.810838
- R. Wu, S. B. Dewan, and G. R. Slemon, "Analysis of a PWM AC to DC voltage source converter under the predicted current control with a fixed switching frequency," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 27, No. 4, pp. 756-763, Jul./Aug. 1991. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.85493
- L. Malesani, P. Mattavelli, and P. Tomasin, "Improved constant-frequency hysteresis current control of VSI inverters with simple feed-forward bandwidth prediction," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 33, No. 5, pp. 1194-1202, Sep./Oct. 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.633796
- K. Jalili and S. Bernet, "Design of LCL filters of active-front-end two-level voltage-source converters," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 56, No. 5, pp. 1674-1689, May. 2009.
- I. J. Gabe, V. F. Montagner, and H. Pinheiro, "Design, and implementation of a robust current controller for VSI connected to the grid through an LCL filter," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 24, No. 6, pp. 1444-1452, Jun. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2009.2016097
- L. A. Serpa, S. Ponnaluri, P. M. Barbosa, and J. W. Kolar, "A modified direct power control strategy allowing the connection of three-phase inverters to the grid through LCL filters," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 43, No. 5, pp. 1388-1400, Sep./Oct. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2007.904438
- P. Rodriguez, A. V. Timbus, R. Teodorescu, M. Liserre, and F. Blaabjerg, "Flexible active power control of distributed power generation systems during grid faults," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 54, No. 5, pp. 2583-2592, Oct. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2007.899914
- P. Rodriguez, A. Luna, I. Etxeberria-Otadui, R. Teodorescu, and F. Blaabjerg, "A stationary reference frame grid synchronization system for three-phase grid-connected power converters under adverse grid conditions," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 99-112, Jan. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2011.2159242
- P. Rodriguez, J. Pou, J. Bergas, J. I. Candela, R. P. Burgos, and D. Boroyevich, "Decoupled double synchronous reference frame PLL for power converters control," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 584-592, Mar. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2006.890000
- Simplified Controller Design Method for Digitally Controlled LCL-Type PWM Converter with Multi-resonant Quasi-PR Controller and Capacitor-Current-Feedback Active Damping vol.14, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2014.14.6.1322
- Application of a C-Type Filter Based LCFL Output Filter to Shunt Active Power Filters vol.13, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2013.13.6.1058
- Research on Resonance Mechanism and Suppression Technology of Photovoltaic Cluster Inverter vol.11, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/en11040938