- Volume 3 Issue 1
Times are changing in Italian healthcare and Traditional and Non Conventional Medicine has become increasingly relevant to medical practice. With this comes an increasing need for guidelines. As the use of Traditional and Non Conventional Medicine has increased in Italy, so has the need for high standards in education in this field (outside of biomedicine and the dominant health system) among medical students, medical doctors and medical educators. The rise of Traditional and Non Conventional Medicine is so relevant for medical practice and health care in Italy; the time calls for a change. The article describes this new setting in regards to education in Acupuncture within the field of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Italy's oldest private school.
Traditional Chinese Medicine;Acupuncture;Traditional Medicine;Non Conventional Medicine;education;legal status;Italy
- Giarelli G, Roberti di Sarsina P, Silvestrini B. Non Conventional Medicines in Italy: History, Problems and Perspectives of Integration. (Milan: Franco Angeli), 2007. [in Italian]
- Roberti di Sarsina P, Iseppato I. Looking for a Person-Centred Medicine: Non Conventional Medicine in the Conventional European and Italian Setting, Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2011;2011:382961.
- Roberti di Sarsina P, Iseppato I. Non Conventional Medicine in Italy: the present situation. Eur J Integr Med. 2009;1:65-71. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eujim.2009.04.002
- Roberti di Sarsina P, Iseppato I. State of art of the regulative situation of Non Conventional Medicines in Italy. J Altern Complement Med. 2010;16:141-142. https://doi.org/10.1089/acm.2009.0452
- Roberti di Sarsina P, Iseppato I. Traditional and Non Conventional Medicines: the Socio-anthropological and Bioethical Paradigms for Person-Centred Medicine. The Italian context. EPMA Journal. 2011;2:439-449. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13167-011-0104-z
- Roberti di Sarsina P, Tognetti Bordogna M. The Need for Higher Education in the Sociology of Traditional and Non Conventional Medicine in Italy. Towards a Person Centred Medicine. EPMA Journal. 2011;2:357-363. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13167-011-0102-1
- Roberti di Sarsina P. The Social Demand for a Medicine Focused on the Person: The Contribution of CAM to Healthcare and Healthgenesis. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2007;4:45-51. https://doi.org/10.1093/ecam/nem094
- Roberti P. 43rd National Congress of the Italian Psychiatric Association. Consensus Conference: Non-Conventional Medicines. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2005;2:233-235. https://doi.org/10.1093/ecam/neh098
- Tognetti Bordogna M. Regional Health Systems and non-conventional medicine: the situation in Italy. EPMA Journal. 2011;2:411-423. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13167-011-0098-6
- Cipolla C, Roberti di Sarsina P. The Social Pecularities of Non Conventional Medicines. (Milan: Franco Angeli), 2009. [in Italian]