- Volume 24 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Expressions for Ellipsometric Constants of Samples Covered with Two Thick Incoherent Films
결맞음길이보다 두꺼운 두 개의 막에 덮여있는 시료의 타원식
- Kim, Sang Youl (Department of Physics, Ajou University)
- 김상열 (아주대학교 물리학과)
- Received : 2013.01.11
- Accepted : 2013.03.21
- Published : 2013.04.25
The expressions for ellipsometric constants of a sample covered with two thick films are derived, where incoherent superposition of multiply reflected lights inside thick films is properly considered in the frame of the rotating analyzer ellipsometry. The derived expressions are successfully applied to the analysis of a silicon wafer with a thin silicon dioxide film on it, which is placed beneath a cover glass and an air gap.
- S.-H. Kim, W. Chegal, J. Doh, H. M. Cho, and D. W. Moon, "Study of cell-matrix adhesion dynamics using surface plasmon resonance imaging ellipsometry," Biophysical Journal 100, 1819-1828 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bpj.2011.01.033
- B. Harbecke, "Coherent and incoherent reflection and transmission of multilayer structures," Appl. Phys. B 39, 165-170 (1986). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00697414
- R. M. A. Azzam and N. M. Bashara, Ellipsometry and Polarized Light (North-Holland, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 1987).
- S. Y. Kim, Ellipsometry (Ajou University Press, Gyeonggi, Korea, 2000), Chapter 3-4.
- C. C. Katsides and D. I. Siapkas, "General transfer-matrix method for optical multilayer systems with coherent, partially coherent, and incoherent interference," Appl. Opt. 41, 3978(2002). https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.41.003978
- Y. H. Yang and J. R. Abelson, "Spectroscopic ellipsometry of thin films on transparent substrate: a formalism for data interpretation," J. Vac. Sci. Technol. A13, 1145 (1995). https://doi.org/10.1116/1.579601
- M. Kildemo, R. Ossikovski, and M. Stchakovsky, "Measurement of the absorption edge of thick transparent substrate using the incoherent reflection model and spectroscopic UV-visiblenear IR ellipsometry," Thin Solid Films 313-314, 108-113(1988).
- K. Forcht, A. Gombert, R. Joerger, and M. Kohl, "Incoherent superposition in ellipsometric measurement," Thin Solid Films 302, 43-50 (1997). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0040-6090(96)09555-7
- H. Fujiwara, Spectroscopic Ellipsometry: Principles and Applications (John Wiley & Sons, Ibaraki, Japan, 2007), Chapter 5.
- Y. J. Seo, S. U. Park, S. M. Yang, and S. Y. Kim, "Analysis of the spectro-ellipsometric data with backside reflection from semi-transparent substrate by using a rotating polarizer ellipsometer," Korean J. Opt. Photon. (Hankook Kwanghak Hoeji) 22, 170-178 (2011). https://doi.org/10.3807/KJOP.2011.22.4.170
- G. Jin, Z. H. Wang, Y. H. Meng, and Z. Y. Zhao, "Imaging ellipsometry for the visualization of bio-molecular layers," Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, Proc. The 20th Annual International Conference of the IEEE 20, 581-584 (1998).
- R. Seitz, R. Brings, and R. Geiger, "Protein adsorption on solid-liquid interfaces monitored by laser-ellipsometry," Applied Surface Science 252, 154-157 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2005.02.012
- M. Poksinski and H. Arwin, "Protein monolayers monitored by internal reflection ellipsometry," The 3rd International Conference on Spectroscopic Ellipsometry 455-456, 716-721(2004).
- J. K. Choi, W. Y. Shim, G. Lee, S. Y. Kim, S. U. Park, W. Chegal, Y. J. Cho, and H. M. Cho, "Study on refractive index and thickness of human stem cells by using imaging ellipsometry," Korean J. Opt. Photon. (Hankook Kwanghak Hoeji) 20, 53-56 (2009). https://doi.org/10.3807/HKH.2009.20.1.053
- Determining the Thickness of a Trilayer Thin-Film Structure by Fourier-Transform Analysis vol.27, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3807/KJOP.2016.27.4.143
- In vitro characterization of optical property of mouse myoblast cells by spectroscopic ellipsometry vol.571, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsf.2014.01.047