- Volume 14 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of DES key search stability using Parallel Computing
병렬 컴퓨팅을 이용한 DES 키 탐색 안정성 분석
- Received : 2013.03.11
- Accepted : 2013.03.25
- Published : 2013.03.31
Current and future parallel computing model has been suggested for running and solving large-scale application problems such as climate, bio, cryptology, and astronomy, etc. Parallel computing is a form of computation in which many calculations are carried out simultaneously. And we are able to shorten the execution time of the program, as well as can extend the scale of the problem that can be solved. In this paper, we perform the actual cryptographic algorithms through parallel processing and evaluate its efficiency. Length of the key, which is stable criterion of cryptographic algorithm, judged according to the amount of complete enumeration computation. So we present a detailed procedure of DES key search cryptographic algorithms for executing of enumeration computation in parallel processing environment. And then, we did the simulation through applying to clustering system. As a result, we can measure the safety and solidity of cryptographic algorithm.
Supported by : KISTI
- Meng, Jiayuan, Raghunathan, Anand, Chakradhar, Srirnat T, Byna, Surendra , "Exploiting the forgiving nature of applications for scalable parallel execution", Parallel & Distributed Processing(IPDPS), pp.1-12, April 2010.
- N. Sadashiv, Kumar, S.M.D, "Cluster, grid and cloud computing:A detailed comparison", Computer Science & Education (ICCSE), pp.477-482, July 2011.
- Gavril Godza, Valentin Cristea, "Comparative Study of COW and SMP Computer Configurations", Parallel Computing in Electrical Engineering(PARELEC), pp. 205-210, September, 2002.
- Xiao Qian, Wang Chengguo, Guo Ge, "The Research of Parallel Computing for Large-Scale Finite Element Model of Wheel/Rail Rolling Contact", Computer Science and Information Technology(ICCSIT), pp. 254-257, July, 2010.
- Taejung Park, "CUDA-based Object Oriented Programming Techniques for Efficient Parallel Visualization of 3D Content", Journal of Digital Contents Society Vol.13 No. 2 pp. 169-176, June, 2012. https://doi.org/10.9728/dcs.2012.13.2.169
- Fox, Geoffrey C, "Lessons for massively parallel applications on message passing computers", Thirty-Seventh IEEE Computer Society International Conference, CMPCON, pp.103-114, 1992.
- Mamidala, Amith R, "Optimizing MPI Collectives UsingEfficient Intra-node Communication Techniques over the Blue Gene/P Supercomputer", Parallel and Distributed Processing Workshops and Phd Forum (IPDPSW), pp.771-780, May, 2011.
- NIST, FIPS PUB 46-2 : Announcing the Data Encryption Standard (DES)
- NIST, FIPS PUB 197:Announcing the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
- Design of Resource Grouping for Desktop Grid Computing and Its Application Methods to Fault-Tolerance vol.14, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.9728/dcs.2013.14.2.171