- Volume 18 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Estimation of Output Voltage and Magnetic Flux Density for a Wireless Charging System with Different Magnetic Core Properties
- Park, Ji Hea (Clean Energy Research Center, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST)) ;
- Kim, Sang Woo (Clean Energy Research Center, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST))
- Received : 2012.11.22
- Accepted : 2013.04.01
- Published : 2013.06.30
The design model and key parameters of the material design for the control of induced magnetic flux at the near-field and efficient power transfer in a modified wireless power transfer (WPT) system with a large air gap of wireless electric vehicles were investigated through analytical simulations for magnetic vector and time-domain transient analysis. Higher saturation magnetic core with low core loss induced a stronger vertical magnetic field by the W-type primary coil in the WPT system with a gap of 20 cm at 20 kHz, which is shown from the vector potentials of the magnetic induction. The transient analysis shows that the higher magnetic fluxes through the pick-up cores lead to a linear increment of the alternating voltage with a sinusoidal waveform in the non-contact energy transfer system.
wireless power transfer;online electric vehicle (OLEV);electromagnetic field (EMF);magnetic core;output voltage;maxwell simulation
- X. Zhang, S. H. Yang, and H. Knickle, J. Power Sources 128, 331 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2003.09.058
- F. Sun, X. Hu, Y. Zou, and S. Li, Energy 36, 3531 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2011.03.059
- F. A. Fleming, P. Shumard, and B. Dickinson, J. Power Sources 78, 237 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7753(99)00040-3
- G. A. Covic, J. T. Boys, and H. G. Lu, 1st IEEE Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications, May, 1 (2006).
- J. L. Villa, J. Sallan, A. Llombart, and J. F. Sanz, Applied Energy 86, 355 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2008.05.009
- M. Jufer, N. Macabrey, and M. Perrottet, Mathematics and Computers in Simulation 46, 197 (1998). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-4754(97)00135-3
- S. Satoshi and S. Takahide, European patent EP 2 333 932 A1 (2011).
- C. S. Wang, O. H. Stielau, and G. A. Covic, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics 52, 1308 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2005.855672
- G. A. Covic, G. Elliott, O. H. Stielau, R. M. Green, and J. T. Boys, PowerCon 2000 International Conference on Power System Technology 3, 79 (2000).
- K. H. Kim, D. W. Hwang, H. S. Park, K. I. Woo, and Y. H. Cho, J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 272-276, 695 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmmm.2003.11.253
- W. Chandrasena, P. G. McLaren, U. D. Annakkage, R. P. Jayasinghe, D. Muthumuni, and E. Dirks, Electric Power Systems Res. 76, 634 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2005.12.009
- R. A. Salas and J. Pleite, J. Appl. Phys. 107, 09A517 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.3357313
- F. de Leon and A. Semlyen, IEEE Trans. Power Delivery 10, 315 (1995). https://doi.org/10.1109/61.368383
- C. S. Jeong, T. I. Sung, K. H. Lee, S. G. Hong, and I. H. Park, International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems (ICEMS), 1 (2011).
- O. H. Stielau and G. A. Covic, PowerCon 2000 International Conference on Power System Technology 3, 85 (2000).
- Y. Matsuda, H. Sakamoto, H. Shibuya, and S. Murata, J. Appl. Phys. 99, 08R902 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.2164408
- J. Huh, S. W. Lee, W. Y. Lee, G. H. Cho, and C. T. Rim, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics 26, 3666 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2011.2160972
- S. Y. Ahn, H. J. Lee, J. G. Byun, D. S. Kang, T. Song, Y. B. Chun, J. H. Yim, D. H. Cho, and J. H. Kim, 32nd Annual Meeting The Bioelectromagnetics Society (BEMS), 2010.
- S. W. Lee, J. Hur, C. B. Park, N. S. Choi, G. H. Cho, and C. T. Rim, Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition(ECCE), 2010 IEEE 1598 (2010).
- S. Ahn, J. Y. Lee, D. H. Cho, and J. Kim, CIRP Design Conference 233 (2011).
- K. Venkatachalam, C. R. Sullivan, T. Abdallah, and H. Tacca, Accurate Prediction of Ferrite Core Loss with Nonsinusoidal Waveforms Using Only Steinmetz Parameters 8th IEEE Workshop on Computers in Power Electronics, June, 1 (2002).
- Examination of Efficiency Based on Air Gap and Characteristic Impedance Variations for Magnetic Resonance Coupling Wireless Energy Transfer vol.20, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4283/JMAG.2015.20.1.057
- Studies on the different assembles of magnetic shielding pieces in electromagnetic induction-type wireless charging system vol.125, pp.2, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00339-018-2192-2