- Volume 18 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Characteristic Analysis of a Permanent Magnet Transverse Flux Linear Motor with Spiral Core
- Lee, Ji-Young (Korea Electrotechnology Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Ji-Won (Korea Electrotechnology Research Institute) ;
- Woo, Byung-Chul (Korea Electrotechnology Research Institute) ;
- Kang, Do-Hyun (Korea Electrotechnology Research Institute)
- Received : 2013.01.23
- Accepted : 2013.03.29
- Published : 2013.06.30
This paper presents a characteristic analysis method of a permanent magnet type transverse flux linear motor (TFLM) with spiral cores. The spiral cores are used as the mover cores in order to make 3-dimensional (3-D) magnetic flux paths at the TFLM which have 3-D magnetic flux flows. The 3-D Equivalent Magnetic Circuit Network Method is used to analyse the magnetic characteristics of the machine, and an imaginary part, 'flux barrier,' is introduced to consider the spiral core characteristic. Magnetic parameters such as flux, inductance, and thrust are calculated from the analysis results. The computed thrust forces are compared to measured values to confirm the accuracy of the analysis.
equivalent magnetic circuit network (EMCN);flux barrier;spiral core;transverse flux machine
- A. Babazadeh, N. Parspour, and A. Hanifi, Proceeding of the 2004 IEEE conference on Robotic, Automation and Mechatronics 376-380 (2004).
- W. Hackmann, Technical University of Darmstadt, PhD dissertation 133 (2003).
- J. Y. Lee, J. P. Hong, J. H. Chang, and D. H. Kang, IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl. 42, 487 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2005.863900
- J. Y. Lee, J. W. Kim, J. H. Chang, S. U. Chung, D. H. Kang, and J. P. Hong, IEEE Trans. Magn. 44, 1566 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2007.915894
- A Type of Subsection Model for a Permanent Magnet Bar and its Leakage Permeance Calculation Method in an Open Magnetic Circuit vol.19, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4283/JMAG.2014.19.1.037