- Volume 18 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Microfabrication of MEMS Cantilevers for Mechanically Detected High-Frequency ESR Measurement
- Ohmichi, E. (Graduate School of Science, Kobe University) ;
- Yasufuku, Y. (Graduate School of Science, Kobe University) ;
- Konishi, K. (Graduate School of Science, Kobe University) ;
- Ohta, H. (Molecular Photoscience Research Center, Kobe University)
- Received : 2012.06.05
- Accepted : 2012.07.22
- Published : 2013.06.30
We fabricated prototype cantilevers for mechanically detected high-frequency ESR measurement. Cantilevers are fabricated from silicon-on-insulator (SOI) wafers using standard MEMS techniques such as lithography, wet etching, and plasma etching. Using commercial SOI wafers, fabrication cost and the number of processes can be substantially reduced. In this study, three types of cantilevers, designed for capacitive and optical detection, are shown. Capacitive type with lateral dimensions of
electron spin resonance;cantilever;MEMS;terahertz waves
- E. Ohmichi, N. Mizuno, and H. Ohta, Rev. Sci. Instrum. 79, 103903 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.2988834
- E. Ohmichi, N. Mizuno, T. Osada, and H. Ohta, Rev. Sci. Instrum. 80, 013904 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.3069287
- E. Ohmichi, N. Mizuno, S. Hirano, and H. Ohta, J. Low Temp. Phys. 159, 276 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10909-009-0133-3
- Y. Tokuda, S. Hirano, E. Ohmichi, and H. Ohta, J. Phys. Conf. Ser. 400, 032103/1-4 (2012).
- M. J. Madou, Fundamentals of microfabrication and nanotechnology 3rd edition, CRC Press, Boca Raton (2012).
- E. Ohmichi and T. Osada, Rev. Sci. Instrum. 72, 3022 (2002).
- Development of Ultrasensitive Terahertz ESR Spectroscopy for Metalloprotein Using a Microcantilever vol.37, pp.12, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10762-016-0305-6
- Force-detected ESR Measurements in a Terahertz Range up to 0.5 THz and Application to Hemin vol.48, pp.5, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00723-017-0872-2