- Volume 18 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Design Characteristics of Torque Harmonics Reduction of Induction Motors for Electric Vehicle Propulsion
- Jeon, Kyung-Won (School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University) ;
- Kim, Yong-Jae (Department of Electrical Engineering College of Engineering, Chosun University) ;
- Jung, Sang-Yong (School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University)
- Received : 2012.06.05
- Accepted : 2012.10.04
- Published : 2013.06.30
This paper deals with torque harmonic characteristics and its reduction design of induction motors for electric vehicle (EV) propulsion. For calculating the stator harmonic flux of squirrel-cage induction motor, the numerical methods have been employed on the structural configuration design of stator and rotor teeth. In particular, torque ripples including spatial harmonics are obtained by Finite Element Method (FEM), and their individual harmonic components are identified with Fast Fourier Transform (FFT). In this paper, design modification on the teeth surface gives rise to the significant reduction of torque ripples including spatial torque harmonics, which have been obtained with FEM.
induction motor;torque ripples;torque harmonics;finite element method;fast fourier transform
Supported by : KETEP
- Mehardad Ehsani, Yimin Gao, Sebastien E. Gay, and Ali Emadi, CRC Press, Sep. 2009.
- Dianhai Zhang, Chang Soon Park, and Chang Seop Koh, IEEE Trans. Magn. 48, 879 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2011.2174040
- John F. Bangura, IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl. 35, 982 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1109/28.793357
- K. Gyftakis, J. Kappatou, and A. Safacas, Electrical Machines (ICEM), 2010 XIX International Conf. (2010) pp. 1-6.
- W. L. Soong and M. Ertugrul, IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl. 38, 1251 (2005).
- Seungho Lee, Yong-Jae Kim, and Sang-Yong Jung, IEEE Trans. Magn. 48, 927 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2011.2174346