- Volume 27 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Study on Simulation of Subsea Production System
Subsea 생산 시스템 시뮬레이션에 관한 연구
- Park, Ju Yong (Division of Naval Architecture and Ocean Systems Engineering, Korea Maritime University) ;
- Jo, Hyo Jae (Division of Naval Architecture and Ocean Systems Engineering, Korea Maritime University) ;
- Lee, Seung Jae (Division of Naval Architecture and Ocean Systems Engineering, Korea Maritime University)
- Received : 2013.02.06
- Accepted : 2013.06.10
- Published : 2013.06.30
The purpose of this study was the implementation of a simulation for a subsea production system. This subsea production system is installed under environments with high pressure and low temperature. Most of the processes for oil and gas production occur in the subsea equipment. Therefore, an understanding and study of subsea production systems is very difficult because people cannot directly observe the processes occurring in the subsea production system. A simulation system can be a useful solution for this difficult problem. In this research, information models and a 3-D graphic model of the subsea equipment were built using the object-oriented technology and 3-D CAD. The entire system was implemented with the help of simulation software, 3-DVIA Virtools. The simulation system for the subsea production system was tested using several production process scenarios. The results of the tests showed that the simulation system is very useful for understanding a subsea production system and could be a good educational tool.
Subsea production system;Object modeling technique;Unified modeling language;Simulator
- Winther-Larssen, E.H., 2007. Design of an Electric X-mas Tree Gate Valve Actuator, Master of Science in Engineering Cybernetics. Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Choi, H.S., 2008. Review of Deepwater Petroleum Exploration & Production, Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology. 22(4), 72-77.
- Rumbaugh, J., Blaha, M., Premerlani, M., Eddy, F., Lorensen, W., 1991. Object-Oriented Modeling and Design. Prentice Hall.
- Park, J.Y., Jo, H.J., Lee, J.H., Lim, Y.J., 2011. The implementation of Drilling Simulation for Offshore Rig Education. Journal of the Korea Society for Simulation, 20(2), 11-17. https://doi.org/10.9709/JKSS.2011.20.2.011
- Park, J.Y., Kim, Y.U., 2012. A Study on Development of 3-D Simulator for H-Beam Robot Cutting and Optimization of Cutting Using the Simulator. Journal of KWJS, 30(4), 334-338.
- Damsleth, P., Abdalla, B., Tang, KC, 2012. Challenges and Concept Solutions for 46-inch Diameter Deepwater PLEM -Connector Qualification. Proceedings of the Twenty-second International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference. ISOPE, 213-221.
- Li, Z., Duan M., Wang Y., Dong Y., He, N., 2012. An Analytic Method for the Development Mode of Deepwater Oil and Gas Fields. Proceedings of the Twenty-second International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference. ISOPE, 1041-1047.